Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
The Saver 1.0
Note:
Documentation for The Saver 1.0 is not yet done.

The engine is not yet done. 97% of the save features are done, and about 10% of the load features are done. It will be done soon though, given people take an interest to it ^_^

1. Why should I use this over other save/load engines?

The Saver is a very powerful save/load engine that allows you to modify any aspect of your save/load code with ease. Other save/load codes do not do this.

First, it has many security features that you can enable if you choose to. You do not have to enable these at all though. Most of these will not make your code any larger as long as you only make one of them, such as encryption and sequencing

Next, it allows you to colorcode the characters in your code with great ease. You can literally type in the characters that you want to be red and then type in SRed using a special function. More details are in The Saver 1.0 tutorial. It will fully describe how to use each of the commands, set up the code, etc.

What about space marks? Are you tired of dashes for spaces? Do you want to define your own spacing? You can color the dashes to any color, set it to any mark such as -,_,~, , etc etc as long as the mark isn't a part of your encryption key ^_^

As for encryption keys, they don't have to be the same size or have the same characters ^_^

How does the Sequencer Work?
It allows you to save up to 166 pieces of information in random places in your code : )

Another feature this engine includes is not having to deal with those huge item arrays etc ^_^. You just call a function and it'll create the array, the maximums, etc.

Now, you're probably thinking, what can I save in this code?
You can literally save anything. Most save/load codes now, atleast the advanced ones, allow you to save any integer you want. This one allows you to not only save integers, but strings as well. Do you want name encryption? You don't have to call a little name protection thing anymore, now you can just save the name into the code. You can even create passwords, etc. You can save any string you like. Just keep in mind that strings are very long codewise.

Now, what if you don't want name protection? As I mentioned before, there are other securities included in this code not found in any other. For one, your code size changes based on how big the numbers are that the player is saving. For example, if he had 1 gold and you were just saving gold, his save/load code would be 1 character long. If he had 1,000,000 gold, his save/load code size would be more like 3 characters long ^_^

Most save/load codes use Encryption, but not many use Random Encryption. Now, a lot of people agree that all of these security features, such as random encryption, are a total waste. A player can simple guess until they get the right code. Even random sequencing is useless against this.

The best security feature this has, and you can choose to enable this or disable this, is an Anti-Cheat Variable. You can add as many as you like, it works off of equations (4 different equations so far) that equate the numbers in the code and set them to the anti-cheat variable. Later, when the player loads, if the equations don't equal the varaible (meaning they cheated), it uses a stealth system which corrupts the code in 3 more tries, this way they think they succeeded ^_^. Another thing you can do with this is set your own values for the variables that will be plugged into the equations. You can even base the values on other Anti-Cheat variables =)

Now, I have not yet figured out a way that you can type in your own equations, so I'm just going to add lots of different equations you can use, oi oi. The Anti-Cheat variable will work by choosing 3 different values for the variables, and then choosing an equation, for example, equation 3.

So with this system you will be able to create a 100% unique save/load code that is small, secure, and easy to read that uses your own color coding, sequencing, encryption, extra security features, space marks, spacing, etc.

Why use this save/load engine over others?
It's the most powerful save/load engine out there that allows you to change any aspect of your save/load code with great ease ^_^. It also has 0 variables required! The only variables it has are those for color coding, like SRed, SBlue, etc. You can define all of your own variables for saving. It also has 0 arrays! It is all function based : D

Did I mention it's easy to use? You don't even need a -save or -load trigger. All you need is 3 setup areas.

Once again, full tutorials on how to use this system, how this system works, and how to make your own save/load code can be found at:
The Saver 1.0

The One Downside To The Saver
The Saver can only save up to 166 different pieces of information (this is pieces of information, not stored items, etc, the stuff in your actual code. Your items might count either as 6 pieces of information. A very large code that saves a lot of information probably saves 15 pieces of information, so 166 is like getting a $30,000 to buy some gum.)

It's not really a downside I guess since 166 pieces of information really is a lot and if you saved that much information you'd probably have a 166-400 character long code which is utterly insane, but um.. that's the only downside. Other save/load codes will save an unlimited amount of information.

Hopefully 166 pieces of information is enough ^_^

And one second while I put this in perspective for you:

Slot 1: Hero Type
Slot 2: Hero Level
Slot 3: Str
Slot 4: Agi
Slot 5: Int
Slot 6: Gold
Slot 7: Lumber
Slot 8: Random Encryption + Random Sequencing Compressed
Slot 9: Security Variable Anti-Cheat
Slot 10: Security Variable Anti-Cheat
Slot 11: Item 1
Slot 12: Item 2
Slot 13: Item 3
Slot 14: Item 4
Slot 15: Item 5
Slot 16: Item 6
Slot 17: x position of hero
Slot 18: y position of hero

As you can see, I'm already running out of things to even save and I'm only on Slot 18 out of 166, so the maximum is really not that big of a deal ^_^

I doubt anyone will even get to 30... lol, unless you're saving like 50 heroes, then 166 might be bad... : P

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
how do you want to save a value if you dont have the max value? then each value has to have a given size, or you have to add a sign for the system that its the end of the value... but i dont think its easily possible...
just wanted to mention it...^^
you could use numbers 0-8 instead of 0-9, and let 9 mean "integer ends here"
i hope you understand what i mean :p there are systems with 0-9 as signs, or only 0 and 1, 0 to F... dont know the exact names, but you'd have to generate your own system, and i would not use a specific letter for ending a value... it would have been too obvious...

anyways, good luck, an easy save system is what every RPG-maker wants :p
to keep it easy, try to not simply add one and another to the code, but sort the inputs... so you can save like this:
SaveValue(1,value)
SaveValue(2,value2)
etc...
and ReadValue() with the numbers...
the code does not have to save the numbers, but should be in that order, so that if the user uses the values without any spaces, there are no problems... calling functions in a specific order is a problem everytime in my opinion...
but perhaps you already have your system working :p
these are just ideas, if you dont^^

EDIT: it seems like theres no way to create an "easy" save/load system, as unit ids are everytime longer than a normal needed... at least for that you'd need a configured array

EDIT2: with save/load-codes its all about code length... if there'd be a way how you could copy an paste the code, that would be gone... but i dont know a way till now... normally you have to type the whole displayed code into a .txt or something like that, and from there you then can use ctrl+c / ctrl+v to get it into the chat

------------------

well, im not yet sure how you are going to save unit ids, but... im curious to see the code :)

okay, just saw your edit :D you USE a max-value... well, they are digits, but theres no difference whether you use a max-value of 999 or max 3 digits...^^

we'll see if its really easy-to-use^^

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
I use either the max value or the dynamic saving like I said. Max value wouldn't be 3 in front of 300, that's dynamic saving. Max value would just be get the next w/e integers based on the value you input for your maxdigits : ), so the maxvalue wouldn't go into the code, only the dynamic saving. For example, your max value could be 1,000,000 and you only have 300, so using dynamic saving, that'd be 3300. See what I mean now?

Now, for the unit array, that'll be easy. I'm putting a unit array into the engine, all you have to do is use a function I'm going to make called U2I(unit), done : D, so your array would look like this

call U2I(unit)
call U2I(unit2)

that will be in your setup for as many units as you have

for Items, it would be call I2I(item), etc.

Tell me if that exceeds your expectations? It will make the array for you and record the maximums for the loops =)

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
i understand the unit / item systems, of course, but then theres something to init... it sounded like there wasnt something to init^^

and i still dont understand the dynamic saving... well, i do, but i doubt that works...
because why does the script know if it is "3300", or the 3-digit-number "300"?

but im off now, ill look here tomorrow again ;)

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Based on the sequence, it all depends on the number it's on. If it's on a number that's flagged for a possibility of Dynamic Saving and it has Dynamic Saving enabled, then it'll read that first number and use it to decrypt the rest, if it isn't flagged, it'll just use the max value to decrypt it =)

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
yes... but i mean, if you have multiple of them:

33003310 <- that would be 300 and 310...

ok seems like if you now where the first value starts, and the numbers never get longer than 9 digits, then its possible ;)
quite interesting^^ but then the system has to know if it was saved dynamically or not...

now, the first value is able to save 6 digits, the next one also

330033 10 -> 1 digit, its the following 0
OR
like in the example above, when both are dymanically

i think youll have to chose if it will be saved dynamically, and not if there should be the possibility to do that ;)

but it wont surprise me if you have a solution for that, too :p
(and by the way, you use max values, or a way to seperate the values ;) )

i dont know, but i have another idea of seperating the values:

a-z,A-z,0-9, and one of them is going to be "next value starts here"... and of course you decrypt the code later and shift the letters to others, so that the seperator is always a different one... or you could use one of 0-9 for this seperation...

im thinking about making an own save/load system right now, to try if my ideas work :p (ive already made one for a league system, where heavy encryption was necessary btw)

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Well, as you see above, I have a lot of securities avaliable for any type of map, whether you want some light security or heavy duty security.

Btw, as I said before

I'll have a value at the start

It'll determine whether all values that can use dynamic saving save with it or not.

The code itself will string the information together 2x and check which one has a longer string size

The one with the shorter one wins ^_^

If the shorter one was dynamic saving, then the variable will be 1, if it was the reg, it will be 2 :eek:

^_^

Btw, you could help me with this. I'll include your name in the credits that every map will have when they put this system in : P

Look above, you can make any kind of save/load code you want. You can test out your system with the engine being made here. Try putting it in, see if it saves space more than the dynamic saver or reg ^_^

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Not a save/load contest at all

Just making this for everybody, so it'd be nice for people to help out with their own ideas

It would all go into this engine : P

If it were a contest, I wouldn't have submitted my code, lol

No prize

You just get stuff for helping out ^_^, like volunteer work =)

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
i dont know how i could help you with my own system, you want to mix several systems into one? hm, dont know...
ill just try my idea and we'll see if it works :p

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
bump
[alink=test]Test[/alink]
Comments on what I can do to make the save/load engine better?

I'm still working on the decryptor... It's turning out harder than I thought it would be since I'm using 2 different Encryption Keys..

uhhhh... howdy :p

Btw, as I'm working on the decryptor, I'm looking at my Encryption/Decryption guide, haha... The guide isn't totally right atm, but I'll fix it, but yea. It's getting so confusing I gotta look and see how the math all works out : P

And btw, the guide is major helping me ^_^

[anchor=test]howdy[/anchor]

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
I wish there was hyperlinking...

I am starting up a new forum with someone that has hyperlinking!! and lotsa other html stuffs -.-

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
People are probably voting low since they find it too complicated. Yes, the code is, but it's easy to implement into your map (or will be once it's done).

XxXDIVINEXxX

Reaction score
Sounds like its gonna be a good one hope its almost donee ill need it for my map all other save/loads arent as god as they say there are :banghead:

oh and i hope it will be able to save CUSTOM units and items i see alot of save and load lack it they have errors saving custom heros and Code is wayyy to long

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
This code's length will depend on how large the number possibilities can be

For example, if you have 10,000 possible heroes, the code would be longer than 10 possible heroes = ).

Another thing that'll change its length is how many and what security features you decide to enable. If you enable none, your code will be very easy to crack by the players who play your map, but it will be as short as possible. Sometimes, a character or 2 can be worth it for safety.

Now, you can put in your own encryption key and sequence key without inceasing code size as long as you limit it to 1 each. More than one enables random encryption and random sequencing.

Now, I can sense some tension with you. You seem frustrated. What codes left you kind of upset? Why did they make you upset?

Also, why are they not as good as the maker suggested.

Btw, to see more specs on my save/load engine, follow the link in the first post. Itl'l give you a list of some of the commands that you'll have. Not all of the documentation is up yet though as I said above.

All of those commands do and are used exactly as they say. There are no hidden bad things in this. You can decide whether you like this engine or not before it's even done. It'll literally function exactly like those commands say it will =)

note
Btw, at one point, I might start selling licenses to it... meaning, it might not be free soon. It's not a map, it's my own code, so I'm fully within my rights =)

I need money to get a game development company fully up : P, I dont' make enuf.

Hope this helped ^^

Oh, feel free to comment on the documentation thus far.

1. Did you find it helpful in your decision making?

2. Was it easy to read? What colors might need to be changed?

3. How was the layout? Was it easy to navigate?

4. Did it leave any questions unanswered (keep in mind, it's still not done)

tx =)

EDIT

Ok, I decided to do some research into your posts. I have a feeling you don't fully understand what a save/load code really does.

A save/load code makes everything have an ID based off of what we call an array. Let's say you want to store a Peasant into array[1]. This would give it an ID of 1. Now let's say you save that peasant. The code gets the ID of the peasant, which is 1, encrypts it so people can't crack it easily (this is just converting bases, it's very basic), then it spouts that code back out to the player.

So, a save/load code should in theory be able to save anything because anything can be converted to a number =).

Now, I saw you were frustrated with Acehart's. It looked like you just did a mis-paste or something. I can make a patch for it that'll put it all into your map with ease if you like : ). Believe me, you'll be waiting a few weeks for this engine because I'm too busy to work on it atm.

I hope everything gets better for you, but just some pointers since you're new to the board.

Reputation is a big thing around here ; ). It's best to be nice and courteous to everybody. People aren't your slaves at all. If someone decides to help you, just know that they are volunteering their own time to help you.

It's just like Acehart spent 5 hours writing his save/load engine to help everybody out on this board.

It's always best to be polite and courteous. People don't have to help you. Don't show frustration, k ^_^

Just some pointers =)

good luck, and I hope you find what you are looking for, kk : D

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Some News on The Saver 1.0

Ok, I haven't had much time to work on it. With friends, jobs, and life's troubles, well, yea... ><

But, I did come up with another new compression system which should turn extremely large numbers into smaller numbers. An example:

1,000,000,000 translates to 910 which translates into a 2 character code. We just saved 3 or 4 characters =)

So yea, now this will officially be the best save/load code for b.net when it comes to compression along with all of the other stuff. In fact, it should blow any other save/load engine right out of the water unless somebody else has figured this out ^_^

This new compression system is still under development and testing. The possibilities can be seen though : P

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Another new System now being implented into this engine

For a long time, I've been trying to figure out how to build the maximum number of unique encryption keys and sequences with just a couple of lines of code and I finally figured it out ^_^

The save/load engine will now give way to a new feature leaving you with the following options now:

Encryption:
1. Use the default encryption key value leaving random encryption off
2. Use your own encryption key value leaving random encryption off
3. Make your own encryption keys (as many as you want) turning random encryption on
4. Use a special command that will build every possible unique encryption key for your base turning random encryption on. This will probably be anywhere from 1000 different unique keys to 6400 different unique keys based on your base : P.

These same options apply to Sequnces

Now, imagine typing -save over and over again with 10 different possible encryptions and 10 different sequences. This means that you have a 1 in 100 chance of getting the same save/load code again with the exact same information (10*10)

Now, imagine enabling the special feature above. Now you have 6400 different unique encryptions and 6400 different unique sequences. This means you have a 1 in 40,960,000 (that's almost 41 million) chance of getting the same save/load code again. Pretty much every time you save, the code's going to be different even if it has the same information.

Now, for maximum compression, you only want encryptions keys equal to your base (so if your base is 80, you want 80 different encryption keys so it only takes 1 character). Guess what this means? Yes, that's right, I'm building another feature for maximum radically unique random encryption keys and sequence keys that'll stay at 1 character each!!

I'll even allow you to modify them (change the factors that determine what encryption keys/sequencing keys will be used out of the big pool of 6400).

So now you can have the easiest random encryption/sequencing possible with maximum compression and the least lines of codes, or you can go all out with your almost 41 million, or you can just make your own, or you don't even have to use random encryption/sequencing, or you don't even have to set one. It's all up to you

Everyone who uses this save/load engine has the capability of making their own 100% unique code because there are so many options and things you can do with this engine. Yes, all of these codes will have the maximum compression possible and will utilize new compression systems that I mentioned in the post before.

Status on the New Compression System
Well, it's been a bit difficult to figure out how I'm really going to do this : )

Currently I'm at 2 stages:
Stage 1: Convert to a certain base to attempt to maximize compression beyond what is normally capable
Stage 2: Convert to code base

I'm probably going to add in another stage to hopefully increase the base size : ). We'll see if I can pull this off.

Don't worry everyone, the save/load engine will be out at one point. I just want to give you all the best possible thing you can imagine.

Once again, tell me about features you would like to see in this engine ^_^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.