Save/Load Code, Yet Another

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> None of the custom scripts are working.

That's a classic in this thread here...

Open the save/load map,
trigger editor,
click on the map's name at the very top of the trigger list.

See that bunch of text there?

Select it all and copy & paste it into your own map's custom header.

Josan

Reaction score
-load (unspent)Hero Skill Points...

Hello, I'm trying to make the code remember hero's skill points (unspent) after learned skills. But every time I load the hero with learned skills it does not have the correct skill point amount (has amount equal to level - skill learned instead of real amount)...
So far I got it to remember my hero, exp, str, dex, int, gold, lumber, items and learned skills. Just need this skill points to be saved! I tried putting

(save trigger) Set Save[SaveCount]=(Unspent skill points of Picked unit))
and
(load trigger) Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Picked unit): Set to Save[SaveCount]

before and after the abilities loop and neither worked so far... argh:banghead:

anyway thanks for code ace, here's a hart 4 u <3

EDIT: on further testing it seems that triggers wont add a skill point if hero has all skills learned... anyone know a way around that?
Also the code is only remembering 2 skills learned... how would I make it 5? and the skill only can load up to level 3? how could i make that 10 or more?

well heres my codes...
Code:
SaveLoad Save All
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -save as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        -------- Prepare the save array with this player's Hero --------
        Set SaveCount = 0
        Set UnitGroup = (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                -------- Save the Hero --------
                Set SaveCount = (SaveCount + 1)
                Set TempUnit = (Picked unit)
                Custom script:   set udg_Save[udg_SaveCount] = SaveLoad_Unit2Integer( udg_TempUnit )
                -------- Hero Skill Points --------
                Set Save[SaveCount] = (Unspent skill points of (Picked unit))
                -------- Hero Experience --------
                Set Save[SaveCount] = (Hero experience of (Picked unit))
                -------- Hero Strength --------
                Set Save[SaveCount] = (Strength of (Picked unit) (Exclude bonuses))
                -------- Hero Dexterity --------
                Set Save[SaveCount] = (Agility of (Picked unit) (Exclude bonuses))
                -------- Hero Intelligence --------
                Set Save[SaveCount] = (Intelligence of (Picked unit) (Exclude bonuses))
                -------- Player's Gold --------
                Set Save[SaveCount] = ((Triggering player) Current gold)
                -------- Player's Lumber --------
                Set Save[SaveCount] = ((Triggering player) Current lumber)
                -------- How many items does he carry --------
                Set Save[SaveCount] = (Number of items carried by (Picked unit))
                -------- Add all items --------
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                            If - Conditions
                                ((Item carried by (Picked unit) in slot (Integer A)) is owned) Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                                -------- The actual item --------
                                Set TempItem = (Item carried by (Picked unit) in slot (Integer A))
                                Custom script:   set udg_Save[udg_SaveCount] = SaveLoad_Item2Integer( udg_TempItem )
                                -------- The number of charges it has --------
                                Set Save[SaveCount] = (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Picked unit) in slot (Integer A)))
                            Else - Actions
                -------- Add all abilities --------
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to SaveLoad_Abilities_LastIndex, do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Level of SaveLoad_Abilities[(Integer A)] for (Picked unit)) Greater than 0
                            Then - Actions
                                -------- The actual ability --------
                                Set Save[SaveCount] = (Integer A)
                                -------- Its level --------
                                Set Save[SaveCount] = (Level of SaveLoad_Abilities[(Integer A)] for (Picked unit))
                            Else - Actions
        -------- Turn values into code --------
        Custom script:   set udg_Code = SaveLoad_Encode()
        -------- Show code to player --------
        Cinematic - Clear the screen of text messages for (Player group((Triggering player)))
        Quest - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the Secret message: (Saved: Level  + ((String((Hero level of TempUnit))) + (  + (Name of TempUnit))))
        Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 300.00 seconds the text: Code

Code:
SaveLoad Load All
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -load  as A substring
    Conditions
        (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 6)) Equal to (Matched chat string)
        (Length of (Entered chat string)) Greater than 6
    Actions
        -------- Try to decode what was typed --------
        Set Code = (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string))))
        Custom script:   set udg_Validate = SaveLoad_Decode( udg_Code )
            If - Conditions
                Validate Equal to False
            Then - Actions
                -------- Invalid code --------
                Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: Invalid code!
                Skip remaining actions
            Else - Actions
        -------- It worked, let's do something with it --------
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Triggering player) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
        Set TempInteger = SaveCount
        Set SaveCount = 0
        -------- Restore Hero --------
        Custom script:   set udg_TempUnitType = SaveLoad_Integer2Unit(udg_Save[udg_SaveCount])
        Unit - Create 1 TempUnitType for (Triggering player) at ((Triggering player) start location) facing (Random angle) degrees
        -------- Set Skill Points --------
        Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Picked unit): Set to Save[SaveCount] points
        -------- Set Experience --------
        Hero - Set (Last created unit) experience to Save[SaveCount], Hide level-up graphics
        -------- Set Strength --------
        Hero - Modify Strength of (Last created unit): Set to Save[SaveCount]
        -------- Set Dexterity --------
        Hero - Modify Agility of (Last created unit): Set to Save[SaveCount]
        -------- Set Intelligence --------
        Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Last created unit): Set to Save[SaveCount]
        -------- Restore Gold --------
        Player - Set (Triggering player) Current gold to Save[SaveCount]
        -------- Restore Lumber --------
        Player - Set (Triggering player) Current lumber to Save[SaveCount]
        -------- Recreate all items --------
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to Save[SaveCount], do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                -------- The actual item --------
                Custom script:   set udg_TempItemType = SaveLoad_Integer2Item(udg_Save[udg_SaveCount])
                Hero - Create TempItemType and give it to (Last created unit)
                -------- Number of charges --------
                Item - Set charges remaining in (Last created item) to Save[SaveCount]
        -------- Add all abilities --------
        For each (Integer SaveCount) from (SaveCount + 1) to TempInteger, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to Save[(SaveCount + 1)], do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Custom script:   call SelectHeroSkill( GetLastCreatedUnit(), udg_SaveLoad_Abilities[ udg_Save[ udg_SaveCount ] ] )

Warplord

Cool Member
Reaction score
there are 2 things that bother me ...
first, I tried to use a paladin, it loads but No items are being loaded (the same ones that the blood mage loads)
and the next is that I cannot save the abilities and their level for the hero I'm saving.... pls help

Warplord

Cool Member
Reaction score
I think I understood to make this thing work for my needs, but one thing reamins:
Is there ANY way to make it save Hero Abilities and thier current Lvl
(e.g. Holy Light 4 lvl on 15 lvl Paladin Hero)
and wjen I load the Paladin will have his ability not 4 abbility points ...

AceHart

Reaction score
There's three categories:
- one that saves a bunch of numbers
- one that saves a basic Hero
- one that does it all

Have a look at what they do and how and get some inspiration from there.

Warplord

Cool Member
Reaction score
I am trying to make this save agil str and int (ignoring bonuses) as well as Health ...
I've created integers SaveLoadSlotsgil/str/int but I have no idea how to make them save ?
would it be like gold or ... ?

AceHart

Reaction score
There's an array, that holds a list of numbers.
That's it already.
And a counter to tell the code how many numbers are in that array.
What you do with them is something the code does not care about.

> would it be like gold

Yes.

foodflare

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
i was looking through and couldnt find where you set code=(the encoded mush)

Z

zackj191

I need some help with a code for saving a integer, like in NotD. I saw the one a couple pages back but... i got confused... I make maps alot just, save/load kills me. i can never figure it out. Please can someone explain it like your talking to a 10 year old...(im not 10 by the way!)

Holloweye

Reaction score
Can any1 help me with modyfi it so it saves this:
Hero
Items
Items Charges
Gold
Lumber
Experiance

I have tried but i just get alot of errors and stuff. So if you could Attach a file or something so i can get it. It would be very helpfull.

1-Cent

AceHart, how can I add all my "Kills", "Deaths", "PvPPoints" ect. to the code?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.