Saving Heroes

Neoz

Reaction score
I've done this:

Game Cache - Create game cache for (map 3.w3v)
Game Cache - Store (last replaced unit) as (Hero) of (Map3) in (Last created game cache)
Game Cache - Save (last created game cache)

Then I open up my level where I want to restore the hero and do this:

Game Cache - Restore all game cache data from disk
Game Cache - Create game cache for (map3.w3v)
Game Cache - Restore (Hero) of (Map3) at center of region (region 5)

I copied the file of the imported hero into the second map, so it should be able to open the file.
Also I imported the model file, ofcourse. (yes I used the right path)

I've put the maps into a campaign and tried to get this to work, but it doesn't. Any help?

I did not use any spaces between category or label names.
I also tried to use variables containing the game cache info by setting a variable to GameCache[1]. This didn't help either.
On the internet you can find allot of tutorials, but they didn't help me to find the solution.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
If you create a game cache in the second one I believe it destroys the previous game cache if it has the same name

Neoz

Reaction score
I also tried that, not creating a new one, but the tutorials show me that I do have to create one.

Neoz

Reaction score
Is there no one who can answer my question? I know its not the easiest question, but i'd like it answered, because it keeps me off creating my campaign!

Please help^^

Neoz

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
not many people use game caches, try experimenting for a while, this weekend if i find the time i will try to help you but i have an incredibly full schedule, im not versed enough to be of help with out world editor

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
I've done this:

Game Cache - Create game cache for (map 3.w3v)
Game Cache - Store (last replaced unit) as (Hero) of (Map3) in (Last created game cache)
Game Cache - Save (last created game cache)

Then I open up my level where I want to restore the hero and do this:

Game Cache - Restore all game cache data from disk
Game Cache - Create game cache for (map3.w3v)
Game Cache - Restore (Hero) of (Map3) at center of region (region 5)

I copied the file of the imported hero into the second map, so it should be able to open the file.
Also I imported the model file, ofcourse. (yes I used the right path)

I've put the maps into a campaign and tried to get this to work, but it doesn't. Any help?

I did not use any spaces between category or label names.
I also tried to use variables containing the game cache info by setting a variable to GameCache[1]. This didn't help either.
On the internet you can find allot of tutorials, but they didn't help me to find the solution.

There's your mistake, you Created a Game Cache (map 3.w3v) and than saved it, but than you are trying to load that same Cache by typing (map3.w3v) which you never did create in fact . These things are Case-sensitive(that would mean it has to be 100% alike.) Hope it was useful info , try it out :thup:

P.s

Here's some of my own Game Cache triggers which worked just fine for my campaign .

Map 1:
Trigger:
  • Sokoli
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 018 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A ground unit) Equal to True
      • (Quest[3] is completed) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from WOP.w3v
      • Game Cache - Store The Gazmendorian 0018 <gen> as Sokoli of WOP in (Last created game cache)
      • Game Cache - Store Bloodguard Ri'ad 0029 <gen> as Bloodguard of WOP in (Last created game cache)
      • Game Cache - Store Teya Bloodcrown 0024 <gen> as Teya of WOP in (Last created game cache)
      • Game Cache - Store Captain Aleyna 0032 <gen> as Aleyna of WOP in (Last created game cache)
      • Game Cache - Save (Last created game cache)

Map 2:

ON MAP INITIALIZATION

Trigger:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from WOP.w3v
      • Game Cache - Restore Sokoli of WOP from (Last created game cache) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing 0.00
      • Set Unit[1] = (Last restored unit)
      • Hero - Learn skill for Unit[1]: Aura of Might
      • Game Cache - Restore Aleyna of WOP from (Last created game cache) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing 0.00
      • Set Unit[2] = (Last restored unit)
      • Game Cache - Restore Bloodguard of WOP from (Last created game cache) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing 0.00
      • Set Unit[3] = (Last restored unit)
      • Game Cache - Restore Teya of WOP from (Last created game cache) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing 0.00
      • Set Unit[4] = (Last restored unit)
      • Trigger - Run GUardianPAtrol <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Game - Turn the day/night cycle Off

Look through these,learn, and experimentise on your own as much as possible for maximum and most effective experience :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.