SCII AoS (for those who want an Aos Map for SC2)

Zadkiel

Reaction score
Hi all,

Lets go down to business shall we? This thread is about for those:

1. who want an AoS map for SC2 and not a discussion for "to be and not to be",
I suggest that you kindly create your own thread for such discussion.

2. map makers/modders that has plans adopt a DOTA-style game for SC2.
I know that when SC2 is released, this forum shall have its own sub-forum for map projects but then as of now I hope this thread this thread could serve as a venue for such endeavor.

3. people to have a place discuss the limits and advantages of what SC2 map editor. 1 example is the item slot, which in turn would affect the need for item which in turn affect the need to create item recipes, and so on and so forth.

Just for a starters, if we are to adopt the convention used by DOTA then how do we call the factions in them? as per my idea the Sentinels would be called Guardians and the Scourge would be called Legion.

What do you think? :shades:

HL.Clockwork

Reaction score
this thread seems to be another "hey ill make dota for sc2"

sorry this is no flame, but i think it is not the right place for such a thread and not the right time.
there will be 1000 AoS play style maps and everyone will try to be the next frozenfrogguy ;)

Zadkiel

Reaction score
^^well it is in a way but what I'm trying to accomplish is that this thread would only be a venue, see #2? so if anyone who wants to make one can post here particularly regarding #3 which is the limitations.

so instead of creating each of his own thread why not post it here.:thup:

Edit:
also I'm not trying to be the next frozentoadguy... I just want to play an AoS map on SC2 ok?!

another thing I don't see a thread saying "I want to make a Dota in Sc2" for if there's already an existing 1 I should have just helped them out. If there were threads like it and was purged, I suggest that this thread should be kept or be consolidated with those who are creating new ones for practical purposes; we can let other member create their own thread for Dota in SC2 provided that SC2 is released and this forums has its own sub-forum for SC2 editor. again please read #2, thanks!

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Im pretty sure they're going to make Aeon of Strife in Starcraft 2 which was the basis for maps like Dota. (the map genre AoS litterally means Aeon Of Strife)

black.sheep

Reaction score
I've always wondered how the original AoS in starcraft worked.
Knowning blizzard, they willl probally release an AoS styled map with sc2 thou.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking this AoS would be played quite differently due to newer objects, newer units, and background terrains.

I'm also thinking, it could made entirely different. So, this thread should be delicated to AoS version 2.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.