Select ALL players

Fung

Reaction score
How do I buff an entire force?

Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Hero - Modify Strength of (Picked unit): Add 10

I'm trying to use something similar in my map. It has king of the hill elements so when a team captures a hill I want the entire team rewarded with a buff. I tried using this but didn't have much luck.

Code:
reward red
    Events
        Time - RedTimer expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Order Dummy Caster 0019 <gen> to Undead Lich - Frost Armor (Picked unit)
        Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
Try changing the actions to these:
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Lich - Frost Armor (Picked unit)

Fung

Reaction score
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

That works but has some problems.

1. Once the timer expires and kills the unit the buff goes with it.
2. I have auto spawn armies that are allies of Player 1. This is causing countless dummy units to spawn and not all units were buffed.

So I tried placing the dummy unit in the map and doing.

Code:
Actions
        Loop - Actions
            Unit - Order Dummy Caster 0018 <gen> to Undead Lich - Frost Armor (Picked unit)

This only buffed 1 unit.

Fung

Reaction score
Code:
    Loop - Actions

It also is causing an issue with my king of the hill triggers. Once the new unit is created to cast the spell it resets the hill and multiple timers start going off. This doesn't seem like the best route to take. However I'm really struggling finding an alternative.

T

Techtrix

When i have troubles like this i often use multiple triggers to carry it out. It allows me to use conditions instead of events which seem to be a whole lot user friendly. From what i can see, your trying to create a dummy target that buffs each ally of the player who captured the hill? And the buff is frost armor.
I'll work on the trigger now, but correct me if i got the aim of the trigger incorrect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.