Set Model?

serb7

Reaction score
how do i set a model for a unit through a trigger?

Serb7 said:
Edit: ok how can i cast a spell on a unit without the unit having the ability to cast the spell?

overload119

Reaction score
You cannot change the model of a unit. You can only replace the unit using either Chaos dummy ability or Unit-Replace.

I want to do a similar thing in my map, so I'll propose this question:
I'm using a Druid of the Claw model, and I want an ability to change his model to his Bear form. I was wondering if this was different, since it has the model in the model, is it possible to just add Animation tags via triggers?

serb7

Reaction score
You cannot change the model of a unit. You can only replace the unit using either Chaos dummy ability or Unit-Replace.

I want to do a similar thing in my map, so I'll propose this question:
I'm using a Druid of the Claw model, and I want an ability to change his model to his Bear form. I was wondering if this was different, since it has the model in the model, is it possible to just add Animation tags via triggers?

you can make an ability to change a units model... im pretty sure (metamorphasis skill)...
and if this is true, you have just given me an idea!

Edit: ok how can i cast a spell on a unit without the unit having the ability to cast the spell?

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
oh wait, you cant do that with metamophosis, maybe try adding the ability to the unit, order it to use it and then remove the ability

(well technically you can, you can use a modified Hex so you create a dummy unit to cast on the unit)

you need to set your "heros" for each player in a unit array so you can refer to them.

set Hero[1] = player 1's unit
set Hero[2] = player 2's unit

Events: Player types "-model" as an exact match
Actions: Order dummy to cast on Hero[Player Number of Triggering Player]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.