Setting Chat

R

Really Quick

How do you make it so that when the map begins, 'Chat is set to observers?' for example...you know how, when you want to tell someone a secret, and don't do /squelch....you go into the chat menu and set everything you type to that player?

well...i want it so that it does that automatically....looking kinda like this:

Events-Map Intialization
Conditions-None
Actions-Set Chat on All Players to Observers

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
good question, but I can't think of any way it can be done, sorry.

i really wish they would allow us to be able to squelch players from the f11 allies menu, having to type in the player's name is so irritating, especially if their name isn't short or easy to type.

M

MrJoeS

Do you often run into situations where you want to squelch? My play is mostly DotA, a few tds and the occasional tag. Oh and pest invasion lately. While there are jerks in those games, they've very rarely pissed me off to the point of squelching them.

I'm sure putting squelch on a menu was considered but probably rejected in favor of changes they felt were more important. The improved queuing system, for instance? A massive gameplay improvement.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Well no I haven't used it that much so far, so I guess you are right in what you say.

It's weird though, I joined a custom game the other day, and I could have sworn someone said to me "#$@$ off darg, no one likes you". I can't be sure though, because I got kicked before I had a chance to read the message properly....

M

MrJoeS

Must have been Mondrion.

edit: or Mordion, or whatever his name really is.

M

MrJoeS

By the way, Darg, I've dropped you a PM. I'm not sure if there's a system to alert you to it, so I thought I'd mention it in this more chatty thread so you'll pick it up.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
thx for letting me know.

lol its funny though, you made a post to tell me you sent me a PM to tell me you sent me an email. :) lol

M

MrJoeS

Yeah, I noticed the irony. The idea wasn't to give you a treasure hunt, I just realized progressively how unlikely it was that you would check for the messages.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.