SettingX/Y vs Moving instantly

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
how come when you trigger a slide or something using 'Move unit instantly...' the glowing white hero icon on the map gets larger and juts gay looking
but when you use 'SetUnitX/Y' it looks normal and better
I use x/y but im just wondering :p

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Move probably has to keep the units previous position in memory or something.

I really don't know what causes it.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
if its the same, why does the hero icon when sliding look retardedly larger on the minimap with using move unit instantly to..

simonake

Reaction score
My question was. How do you make a unit move with x/y without having to use a periodic trigger? :nuts:

simonake

Reaction score
I know this. I wanted to know, for example in a spell, how do you make it so that you don't have to use 2 triggers.
1 when spell is casted
and 1 knock back.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
its because move unit interrupts and in some cases resets animations. i believe when a hero is moving around normally the blip gets bigger than if just standing since i never paid much attention to it. moving a unit along coordinates does not interrupt any commands nor does it reset animations. this is probably why x and y does not give out the larger blip effect.

Blackrage

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ok, 1 last thing.

Example please :).

In JASS, they use a periodic timer that runs a function, and depending on if the user is using vjass or regular jass, they either use a struct attachment system or a gamecache system to transfer the local variables between functions.

In GUI, however, the users use a trigger that runs periodically instead of a timer, since they cant really make a periodic function in one trigger (along with the spell cast).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.