Sheep Tag New and improved, Help please

F

fratleyslaye

The actions part, and its not sending the email to my account. ..

Where do you live? It was 2am when I first asked you a question I think and 6am now. . .

Map is looking good, all that is left(that I see off-hand) is the timer, leaderboard, winning conditions, and spawning things. . . I THINK all of them are trigger things so its definitely gonna be a LOT of trial and error :confused:

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Ever had a look at my location?

> it's not sending the email to my account...

It always does.
They tend to end up in some spam folder usually... with automatic deletion.

You're registered now.

Welcome to TH.

> I THINK all of them are trigger things

Good thinking, they all are... :p

F

fratleyslaye

:p Thankyou !

Yes I'm getting all my questions answered. . . and im going on 40+hours of sleep so give me a break on some of the silly OBVIOUS things that I ask questions on when answers are right in front of my face :shades:

By any chance know how to make a leaderboard?

I can show you how far I got in the trigger section, and where I think I goofed, but I am kind of thinking when I was looking at the TD leaderboard wont work on a sheeptag because it only counts allies to red, and sheep tag has player controlled enemies.

Code:
Leaderboard
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Leaderboard - Create a leaderboard for (All players) titled Anti's Sheep Tag  L...
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Picked player) controller) Equal to User
                ((Picked player) slot status) Equal to Is playing
            Then - Actions
                Leaderboard - Add (Picked player) to (Last created leaderboard) with label (Name of (Picked player)) and value 0
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
        Leaderboard - Show (Last created leaderboard)
Code:
Trigger Tally Score
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Killing unit) belongs to an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
    Actions
        Set player_killz[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = player_killz[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]
        Leaderboard - Change the value for (Owner of (Killing unit)) in (Last created leaderboard) to player_killz[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]
        Leaderboard - Sort (Last created leaderboard) by Value in Descending order

AceHart

Reaction score
It would seem the "if" that tests your players is not inside the "loop" part of your "pick every player"...
Drag & drop it inside.

You do not need this "Do nothing", it isn't doing anything anyway.

> Set player_killz[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = player_killz[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]

This should read:
Set player_killz[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (player_killz[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)

Edit it, click on the "Player_Kills" on the right side (after the "="), use "Arithmetic" (under "functions", at the top),
change "value" to "Player_Kills[ Player number ..."... done, the +1 is already there.

F

fratleyslaye

Code:
Timed For Wolf Spawn
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 20.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Hero - Instantly revive The wolf 0032 <gen> at (Center of (Playable map area)), Hide revival graphics
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: The wolfs are thirs...

This is my idea on having the wolfs spawn in the beginning,(I had it set to Loop Hero Revival in middle of map, it didnt work so I took all out besides one to show what I have tried :p )

If you are tired with helping me with all these things, you can point me to the direction on the forums where I could find this correct starting guide(the one I read on the site was good, but didnt near cover all my questions, it said to learn most is through trial and error, and after like 10 different trys on the triggers, i get frusterated)

AceHart

Reaction score
> This is my idea on having the wolves spawn in the beginning

What wolves? And who's supposed to get them?
And where? "Middle of the map" doesn't sound like a decent spot...

Unit - Create 1 Wolf for <player> at <somewhere> facing default

> Hero - Instantly revive The wolf 0032 <gen>

Hm... so, you have a preplaced dead Hero wolf?

"Hero - Revive" only works on Heroes, and only if they are dead.

Other than that, we do have a completely awesome mapping forum, called "World Editor Help Zone".
Full of people that may read your post and even post a reply...

F

fratleyslaye

its a sheep tag, the "wolfs" are what kill the sheep. Sheep run away and build farms, while wolves destroy the farms, while trying to eat the sheep.

Middle of map is the Spawn point for both sheep, and wolfs, wolfs spawn 20 seconds after, thus giving sheep some time to run away. I have all wolfs in top right corner behind an impenatrable wall, but didnt know they had to be dead =[

So if that isn't such a great way to approach this trigger, how would I trigger a wolf spawning(hero) in middle of map, 20 seconds after.

Event is going to be 20 seconds, regardless, No condition I assume(havent seen one trigger yet with one of these :p ), And action I am stumped if the hero revival isn't the way to approach this.

Edit:
Code:
Timed For Wolf Spawn
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 20.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 The wolf for Player 9 (Gray) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees

^this is what I have got, It seems to work but it doesnt spawn where I need them to, still in center of map but a bit off. I will figure it out in a few hours when I wake up . . need some sleep :p Thanks for alllll the help. Appreciate it, and next time I might goto the forum you mentioned ;)

I'll check this when I get up in morning

AceHart

Reaction score
> its a sheep tag, the "wolfs" are what kill the sheep. Sheep run away and build farms, while wolves destroy the farms, while trying to eat the sheep.

That would explain it I guess.
Note that I've never played a Sheep Tag map. Or any other "tag" maps for that matter.
Or even so much as seen one.
Except one, where I appreciated the quality of the trigger work... and completely failed to get the actual point of the game.

That's just me though. Never mind.

Let's do some guessing:
Your players come in two teams?
Something like Players 1 to 6 in Team 1, and Players 7 to 12 in Team 2?

If yes, you could use something like this:

Event:
- Time: Elapsed game time is 1 second
Conditions:
Actions:
For each Integer A from 1 to 6
If "Player(Integer A) is playing" (you already have that test somewhere) then
- Unit - Create 1 Sheep for Player(Integer A) at (Player(Integer A) Start Location) facing default
Wait 20.0 game-time seconds
For each Integer A from 7 to 12
If "Player(Integer A) is playing" then
- Unit - Create 1 Wolf for Player(Integer A) at (Player(Integer A) Start Location) facing default

Well, "start location", "middle of the map", ... wherever you may need them.

> still in center of map but a bit off

You can place your players' Start Location where you want the to start.
Or put down a region or two and create the units there.

Or, if you want to go with your "units are already on the map, in some unreachable corner"-idea:

Pick every unit in (Units of type "Wolf") and do
- Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to <somewhere>

F

fratleyslaye

This isn't going to work, because each team has uneven odds(maybe I need to rethink this in some fashion, maybe its balanced as is), and the select all wolfs and move to place A doesn't work because not every player will be in a wolf position every game.

I can send you the map somehow, if that would help. I am really stumped, I have tried your ways, tried tweaking the reincarnation way so they died on startup, but I still got the outcome of if for some reason a wolf spot isnt taken by a player, it will just camp the respawn point, making it impossible(or very hard) to save your allies(sheep only)

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I read all the posts, some were realy :eek: other :shades: don' t worry you will get used with creating triggers on your own just to memorize what does exactly what takes some time. Good is to think logicaly ( Im abuseing that word lately) in otherwords what will correspondend to dieing unit event ? I gues Event response- dieing unit or Event Response- Triggering unit. I suggest to read tutorials about variables. It makes your life so much easyer.

F

fratleyslaye

Trial && error is pretty much all it is imo, tutorials help but its either heping for very complicated stuff, or the miniscule things that I knew before I opened up the wc3 editor because i played with the Age of empires editor when I was a kid =]

Some of the triggers seem to be soo easy, but are unbeleivably aggrivating to get right. :banghead:

It also seems that as I get farther and farther into my map, I think im getting closer and closer to finishing it, but it gets farther and farther because i keep wanting to add more stuff :-\

Sooda, if you could help me on a few things, I would really appreciate it =)

F

fratleyslaye

@Karawasa: Sorry Was in a hurry, you just came on like an asshole and i voided the rest of your topic =] Sorry about that, and help is always welcome.

Leaderboard didnt cover all I wanted, so blotched that and went for a Multiboard, all models and icons are in(well unless another idea comes up ;))
Terrain is perfect, I might add more detail, but right now I like it. Shops/Bombs/Aerial are working.

Things not working properly that I have noticed today:
timer, Winning conditions, Sheeps dieing and turning into spirits(custom model) isnt working properly, wolf spawning only when players are in that spot, and same for sheep spawning only when that player is in that spot.

That about covers it, or at least those are the big things.

I played a version with my clan a bit earlier and they complained about getting gold, because the only way to get gold is via saving teammates, and cash farms, while there are alot of nice items to buy from the sheep shop and wolf shop, wolfs gain there gold(lumber in the wolfs case) by killing farms/sheep, and sheep have to be alot more dangerous and save teammates to get there beginning gold. So my question is, should i give sheeps a small Gold over time, or maybe after 10minutes if they havent saved anyone congratulate them with 200gold or something??

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Maybe do system what gives bonus gold for surviving amount of time in row without dieing- for 1 min 100 gold, 3 min 150, 6 min 250 gold. Just a idea or vise versa give bonus gold for saving teammates. 10 mins would take too much time. Yes I can help you with triggers post exact idea what you want and I will make trigger for it ( I don' t know about multiboards much, I like old RoC triggers...beacause I have a dream... what is...) I will read your last post with found bugs and try to give you some trigger solutions for them.

F

fratleyslaye

Good idea sooda, ill try to mess with that now, done eatin pizza =]

Ty in advance.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I got it that way you will randomize each time so nobody isn' t pre-set sheep nor wolf. But there are two teams. You consern about if at game start there are wolf place without player who controls it. You don' t want wolves to camp near middle "sheep prison". Wolves become alive after 20 sec ( Do you want special effect like they rise from dead, corpses resurect?) has passed and at game start sheeps can run to build gold farms. I suggest to change money farm name to Gold Farm ( Its like Golden Farm, why not that one ?). Started doing first start respawn trigger lets see what comes out. It takes some time but I' am looking this tread too right now.
EDIT: I' m confused will I do randomize for player who they are ? Or is there teams ? I will do randomize first beacause it can be changed after if you don' t need it.

F

fratleyslaye

There are twelve spots, 8 sheep, 4 wolfs(this could be varyed, I'm not sure)

Usually people don't like being wolf, so the random idea is good, BUT I am making the wolf spot much more fun, and more things to do, so that could also change. But I do like the idea of randomizing the teams up, so that could work. I have my gold per minute idea set down, is there a way to loop over and over or do I need to make new trigger for every minute?

Edit: I got that working, no need to worry about the looping gold per minute.

Corpse's rising from the dead would be neat, but im not sure how to do it, or how to get them to spawn in the middle after 20 seconds, ace's way of moving them instantly after 5seconds works, but its a bit plain and makes the trigger menu look bad =O

If I can get it working the way you summarized it, that would look awesome.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Lol I have droble doing randomize :p but I' m not going to give up. So my trigger is 0% finished.
EDIT: After headace how to do it I found my way to it. It has build in error check so one player cannot be added twice to Wolves group. That was main reason why I didn' t get it work correctly. My priority was to get random result every time and without any bugs, I think I achived it bretty well.
Code:
Random wolve player group
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Random_number = (Random integer number between 1 and 12)
        If ((Player(Random_number)) Not equal to (Random player from Wolves)) then do (Player Group - Add (Player(Random_number)) to Wolves) else do (Do nothing)
        Set Wolves_count = (Number of players in Wolves)
        If (Wolves_count Not equal to 4) then do (Trigger - Run (This trigger) (ignoring conditions)) else do (Do nothing)
(Player(Random_number) can be found: "Player Comparison" then "Function: Conversion- Convert Player Index to Player" and pick variable "Random_number" for player number.
"Random_number" is Integer variable and value is defult (0)
"Wolves" is player-group
"Wolves_count" is variable
Now I/ we (Can I even say so ?) have to build wolves resurect. With randomize its all ok. If you don' t find right action part just ask and I will type how to get it. Beacause it' s trigger what is made good you can even have 12 random wolves so no worry with balancing it. You just have to change this number and thats it !
Code:
(Wolves_count Not equal to [B]4[/B])
I will begin to work with wolves resurect thing now. To check how it randoms players just at game start after 5 sec use this trigger:
Code:
wolves spawn
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in Wolves and do (Unit - Create 1 Farm for (Picked player) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees)
It is for testing, you can use farm or what ever unit you want ( I checked player colors with farms, before was footman but they started to fight and I didn' t understand was my trigger working correctly.).

F

fratleyslaye

Yes you can say "we" we can work on this map together and I'll give you credit ;) Ill try these, and ill be gone for 4 days because I have a funeral to goto, but I will be back soon! :p'

Your coding for the random wolf+sheep spot is a bit hard to understand, =[

F

fratleyslaye

Im calling AceHart out, hes the best :D

-ahem- help please?

I don't understand his coding and then his explanation of the variable

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Luckily I have my triggers for random players still in open editor, I will post my map with that trigger then maybe you could understand what I did. And AceHart help him out, thx.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.