Sheep Tag New and improved, Help please

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
How can be it ? They should be separated when units are created and then two player groups become allies and enemyes. Or add action what makes player group wolves enemyes for player group sheeps.
EDIT: I can' t belive two player groups can be some how allies. Please post your unit spawn trigger, I tested with computers and I didn' t see any wrong "ally" from sheeps. Is it happening randomly or in every game ? When you test with computer players will same thing happen ?
To give fixed amount gold to players (For wolves and sheeps) you can do this:
Code:
Income
    Events
        Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in Sheeps and do (Player - Add 150 to (Picked player) Current gold)
        Player Group - Pick every player in Wolves and do (Player - Add 150 to (Picked player) Current gold)

F

fratleyslaye

I'm not sure, I love the concept of the random teams idea. . . BUT it keeps bringing up more and more un resolved problems it seems. I love all the help you have put into this, but it almost seems like a lost cause.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Lol don' t give up. Give atleast map so I can see what triggers you got there, maybe I can fix it. I really don' t belive preset player groups can somehow just be allyes when they haven' t even set allyes.
EDIT:
I added to wolves spawn two new actions what should now hopefully fix wrong ally problem. These new actions are in bold. If that dosen' t work then... post your map.
Code:
Actions
    For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (If (((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Player Group - Add (Player((Integer A))) to Sheeps) else do (Do nothing))
    Player Group - Pick every player in Wolves and do (Player Group - Remove (Picked player) from Sheeps)
    [B]Player Group - Pick every player in Wolves and do (Player Group - Make (Player group((Picked player))) treat Sheeps as an Enemy)
    Player Group - Pick every player in Sheeps and do (Player Group - Make (Player group((Picked player))) treat Wolves as an Enemy)[/B]
    Player Group - Make Wolves treat Wolves as an Ally with shared vision
    Player Group - Make Sheeps treat Sheeps as an Ally with shared vision
    Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) and (((Matching player) is in Wolves) Equal to True))) and do (Unit - Create 1 Farm for (Picked player) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees)
    Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) and (((Matching player) is in Sheeps) Equal to True))) and do (Unit - Create 1 Farm for (Picked player) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees)
EDIT: If this dosen' t solve problem just move pick every player in wolves/ sheeps to back of Player Group- Make wolves/ sheeps treat wolves/ sheeps as an Ally with shared vision.

F

fratleyslaye

I think its finally working!! Now I need a trigger to stop the units from spawning if someone isnt in that spot, but im pretty sure I got that one down on my own ;)

Code:
Delete players
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)

It would obviously be something like this, but how can i make it occur to all people instead of just player 1 (red) player 2 (blue) etc. I'm guessing by using an integer? and then for unit - kill I need to kill all structures of that player also.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
How did you got that working (curious) :D
To destroy all player units (also buildings) you use units in region owned by player. You are learning by doing things your own, but that last your posted trigger has no triggering unit.
Code:
Delete players
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Kill ([B]Triggering unit[/B])
When event is player leaves then he is just a player not a unit. To kill his/ her units do this:
Code:
Player 1 leaves
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by (Triggering player)) and do (Unit - Kill (Picked unit))
        If (((Triggering player) is in sheeps) Equal to True) then do (Player Group - Remove (Triggering player) from sheeps) else do (Do nothing)
        If (((Triggering player) is in wolves) Equal to True) then do (Player Group - Remove (Triggering player) from wolves) else do (Do nothing)
You need to make for each player it again, just change from Events player 1 up to player 12. I didn' t test it in W3, made it in new map but I am sure it will work, if not tell me and I try to fix it. I could add fancy text message what displayes something like that: Player [number] or even player name ( colored with coresponding player color) has left the game.
Ex: Sooda has left the game.
or
Player 1 has left the game.
EDIT: Hey :) I did all the sorting players already so if player isn' t playing he can' t get unit just edit these two lines in Wolves spawn:
Code:
    Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) and (((Matching player) is in Wolves) Equal to True))) and do (Unit - Create 1 Farm for (Picked player) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees)
    Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) and (((Matching player) is in Sheeps) Equal to True))) and do (Unit - Create 1 Farm for (Picked player) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees)
to these:
Code:
Actions
    Player Group - Pick every player in sheeps and do (Unit - Create 1 Farm for (Picked player) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees)
    Player Group - Pick every player in wolves and do (Unit - Create 1 Farm for (Picked player) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees)
If you look carefuly wolves spawn actions at beginning added player is checked if he/ she is playing :rolleyes:

F

fratleyslaye

I haven't tested it yety, but surely it works. . . This is new thing:

Code:
Wisp gets tped to center of map
    Events
        Unit - A unit leaves Spawn Region <gen>
    Conditions
        (Triggering unit) Equal to Wisp
    Actions
        Set Wisp = (Matching unit)
        Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Spawn Region <gen>)

I am trying to do, exactly as the code states, but I don't know how to set the Wisp variable. Pretty sure Set Wisp = (Matching unit) wont work, it's kind of put in there as a placeholder to show on here.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Pretty sure Set Wisp = (Matching unit) won't work

Indeed, "matching unit" is only valid inside the condition part of some "matching ..." action.

But, you used "triggering unit" in the condition and in the second action.
Why not here too?

F

fratleyslaye

Code:
Wisp gets tped to center of map
    Events
        Unit - A unit leaves Spawn Region <gen>
    Conditions
        (Triggering unit) Equal to Wisp
    Actions
        Set Wisp = (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Spawn Region <gen>)

Is this what you meant? because it doesnt seem to work either.

I need it to say (Triggering unit) Equal to Sheep spirit But I don't know how to do that without inserting a variable, and then if i do that i have to make variable(Wisp) = to sheep spirit somehow or everyone that does it gets transported

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> (Triggering unit) Equal to Wisp

This condition waits for one particular unit (to leave the region).

> I need it to say (Triggering unit) Equal to Sheep spirit

How does "Wisp" fit into that?

What's supposed to happen to "Wisp" once you set that value?
Can't you just use a unit-type comparison and be done with it?
What is this supposed to do?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
But sheep spirits and sheeps are different units. If you make condition what checks if leaving unit equal to sheep spirit or not then only sheep spirits are moved and not sheeps.
EDIT:
Code:
Sheep spirits prison
    Events
        Unit - A unit leaves Region 000 <gen>
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Leaving unit)) Equal to Wisp
    Actions
        Unit - Move (Leaving unit) instantly to (Center of Region 000 <gen>)
EDIT: I was away for 4 days, vacation :D now I' m back ! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.