Shop that sells Buffs

Haug

Reaction score
I am attempting to make a building which sells power-ups for gold.

For example, a player can purchase 100% attack speed for all allied units (and their own) on the map which lasts for a certain amount of time, for 1000 gold.

How would I do this? I am unable to set a price on abilities, and I do not know of the trigger to make a purchased unit trigger the buff with a dummy.

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
Just create a dummy unit at the shop and have it use scroll of speed set to 100% increase. And set the aoe to a huge number to cover the whole map.

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
use a dummy item then when some 1 buys it remove the item creat a dummy with the spell thats gives the biffs u want and cast it

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Make it a tone so that it doesn't really do anything.

Then detect when a unit buys the tome, a dummy unit is created with a custom endurance aura.

The reason you would use tomes is so that you can add prices and also not have it take up an inventory slot.

Good Luck :thup:

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
base the sold item off of a rune or tome (really what you want is the use on pick up effect) then give the item an ability you want (+100% attack speed globaly might require extra triggers <see Avaleirra's post for further details>, but if its simple like +!00% attack damage you can give the item roar).

jomik

Reaction score
base the sold item off of a rune or tome (really what you want is the use on pick up effect) then give the item an ability you want (+100% attack speed globaly might require extra triggers <see Avaleirra's post for further details>, but if its simple like +!00% attack damage you can give the item roar).

a modified roar that goes over all of the map :O

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Why not just use dummy tome items, and use research to set the speed, and any other stat up. Unless you really want a buff icon, this is a simpler solution ^^

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
When you suggest which abilities to use, consider whether the ability should be dispellable or not. If you use Roar, any unit with any form of dispel can remove the buff. If you use an aura, nobody can remove it but you also need to make a longer expiration timer & work with the aura's duration.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.