skill questions

Vista

Reaction score
question num. 1: i want to make a spell that can only be casted if hero has a specific form

e.g spell 1 requires metamorfosis form
and the 2nd: change the spell animation if hero has specific form
e.g2 spell 2 has aniamtion1 when on metamorphosis spell 2 has animation2

hope u understood i want to know :D

thanks

TomTTT

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but i think that you can change the Metamorphosis form to have that certain ability, and the regular unit not to have. If it isn't working, or isn't possible, try giving the unit a buff whenever it uses Metamorphosis, and then, when a unit starts casting an ability, make a Bolean comparison if "Unit has specific Buff".

Vista

Reaction score
about this
bvo(bleach vs one piece) has this system
for Luffy he has his ultimate that can only be casted if he is at Gear 3rd

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but i think that you can change the Metamorphosis form to have that certain ability, and the regular unit not to have. If it isn't working, or isn't possible, try giving the unit a buff whenever it uses Metamorphosis, and then, when a unit starts casting an ability, make a Bolean comparison if "Unit has specific Buff".

Yea, Metamorphosis and Druid/Crow/Bear Form too because in Druid you can do Crow/Bear Form and then in Crow/Bear you can only do Druid Form

JohnApricot

Reaction score
In the object editor, go to your ability and change 'Techtree - Requirements' to include the unit you want able to use it, ie Druid of the Claw (Bear Form). The icon will still appear on both the Druid of the Claw and the Bear Form, however it will be grey and unusable on the former.

As for your desire to change the animation based on the caster's form, the only way I'd know to do this is a bit more complicated. First, create your ability with no animation. It should do everything you want it to, but without any of the special effects. You don't need to mess with the requirements this time.

Now, you're going to create two more abilities based on the hero ability Channel. This is an ability that Blizzard created to act like an ability in terms of animation, mana cost, casting time, etc. without actually doing anything, for the purposes of activating triggers.

First, you're going to want to give each of these abilities the animation(s) you want to go with one of the forms, ie change 'Art - Caster', 'Art - Effect', 'Art - Missile Art', 'Art - Special', and 'Stats - Buffs' to whatever they would have been in your original ability if I hadn't told you to create it with no animation. Each copy of Channel should have art corresponding to one of the forms.

Now, you're going to have to change a couple things for both abilities. First, go to 'Data - Base Order ID' and change one ability to 'defend' and the other to 'undefend'. It doesn't matter which is which, but you'll have to know in a minute. Now, for both of them you're going to change 'Data - Follow Through Time' to 0.00 and 'Hero Ability' to False. Before you leave the object editor, give your abilities to the units in question. They Channel abilities be under normal abilities, not hero abilities. They should each have all three of the abilities you've created.

Now, go into triggers. You're going to be creating two triggers, one for each form you want casting your ability. Give them both the event 'Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability' and the condition '(Ability being cast) Equal to [your original ability]. Then, give each trigger the condition '(Unit type of (Casting unit)) Equal to [one of the unit's forms]'. You then need to give them each the actions 'Wait 0.01 seconds' and 'Unit - Order (Casting unit) to Human Footman - [Defend or Stop Defend]', where Defend or Stop Defend is the Base Order ID value used for the ability with the animation to be used by the form that trigger is affecting.

That *should* do it, I *think*.

Vista

Reaction score
ok thanks for the answer
havent tested them yet i dont have the time
when i test it i will let you know

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.