some help with a spell

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
as you know in Aom there is a hero who's name is predator and he has a third spell which will make him explode upon death killing trees units etc.Where do i get that type of good looking explosion? how do i make that spell?

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
You either got to look in the spells sections of thehelper.net and hiveworkshop.com or you got to make it yourself, because I don't know what your talking about, although even if I did I couldn't make anything really to help you, I'm bad with spells. If your really desperate you could PM a good spell maker (Just look in the spell sections and take a wild guess who you think is good, I'm sure he/she will be willing to help).

noworries

Reaction score
Explode upon death.

Well, under special-units in the Ability editor there is "AOE Damage upon Death"

It pretty much hits everything you listed except trees, you can add that. I'm not sure about animations, but I believe you can add them in the animation fields as you need.

Edit: I'm not sure if AoE Damage Upon Death shows up on the unit, so what you'd probably have to do is make a dummy spell that has the tooltip, and when learned it adds the ability to the unit, and if there is multiple levels then it will set the level +1 for each level.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try adding a special effect art on AoE Damage Upon Death. It might just work and spawn it.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
I suggest making a dummy ability called explode and trigger it to add AoE death spell, then copy the original AoE Death, then change the values and change the "Art - Special" animation to a large explosion. You must set the number of levels for this ability to (however many levels your spell has) and change the values accordingly.

Here are the triggers, if needed.
Code:
Set ability level
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to [COLOR="Red"]Human Archmage - Blizzard[/COLOR]
    Actions
        Unit - Add [COLOR="Green"]Acid Bomb [/COLOR]to (Learning Hero)
        Unit - Set level of [COLOR="Green"]Acid Bomb [/COLOR]for (Leveling Hero) to (Learned skill level)
Red is your unit's ability, yellow is your custom AoE ability

If there is no explosion, make a trigger that checks if the Hero has the ability when it dies, and create a special effect using triggers.

Hope it helps :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.