spawn 1 unit per structure owned by player in region????? possible?

gaskell

Reaction score
spawn 1 unit per structure owned by player in region????? possible? - solved

ok for my latest map i want to spawn 1 unit (hydralisk) for each building (zerg spawn farm(custom created)) owned by player in region.
I cant find how to do this. I can do most of the trigger but the bit that gets me is the region. I worked out how to spawn 1 unit per building owned by player but that wont quite work as each region will have a spawn point and spawn units per 30secs equal to the number of buildings in that region.
I hope you guys can get what i mean.
Would love some help here or suggestions, all are welcome.

Thanks guys

gaskell

Reaction score
ok think i got this...

Trigger:
  • spawner A
    • Events
      • Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set region11 = (Number of units in (Units in Region 1 1 <gen> matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Zerg Spawner))))
      • Unit - Create region11 Hydralisk for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 1 1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

"region11" is the variable I created
"region 1 1" is the region I want this to count the buildings inside of and spawn th enew units inside of.
"Zerg spawner" is the building

Now the new question...
I have 25 of these regions and 9 players
I want this check to go thru and do this for all players on all regions during this trigger.
I'm guessing some kind of loop??? I dont know a great deal about loops or what to put in here. Alternative is copy what I have and making 9 copies (1 set for each player) 25 times (number of regions).

After playing with the loop function I came up with this:
Trigger:
  • spawner B
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 9, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Create (Number of units in (Units in Region 1 1 <gen> matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Player((Integer A)))) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Zerg Spawner)))) Hydralisk for (Player((Integer A))) at (Center of Region 1 1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

This is frying my brain.
some feedback please, will this loop i made work for all players and i make one of these triggers for each region?

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Ok, heres what you do,

Trigger:
  • das
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Constructed structure)) at (Position of (Constructed structure)) facing Default building facing degrees

Heres the Periodic

Trigger:
  • Periodic
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Constructed structure)) at (Position of (Constructed structure)) facing Default building facing degrees

gaskell

Reaction score
I dont quite understand the point to the first trigger.
Basicly the zerg spawner is a renamed farm with a few changes so the hydralisk can build the building with no problem.

originaly i wanted the "farm" to spawn units every 30secs. looks like your trigger would do that and omg it looks so simple.

I tweaked it slightly to:
Trigger:
  • spawner C
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 1 1 <gen> matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Zerg Spawner)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Hydralisk for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

It worked perfectly!
You are a genius!
thankyou so much
now next issue i'm having is when the hydralisk builds a zerg spawner I want the hydralisk removed from the game... IDK why I cant get this to work.
I have:
Trigger:
  • build new farm
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game

But it destroys the farm.
Guess I read the trigger wrong and its not looking at the unit(builder) finishing the construction but the unit (building) being finished.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Build New Farm
    • Events
      • Conditions
        • Constructed Unit = To Zerg Farm
      • Actions
        • Unit - Remove Triggering Unit from the game

That should do it, if it doesnt just tell me

gaskell

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • build new farm
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Zerg Spawner
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game

That is killing the building and not the builder still.
Will post as new thread

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.