Special Effect Issue

kla0005

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm making an ability, but when i say:
Trigger:
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
    • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

It's like the Special Effect is getting destroyed, before it even get's showed. What to do?

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
You need to add in a wait before you destroy the Special Effect.

TomTTT

Reaction score
The 'TalkToMe' Special Effect is not an animation type of special effect, but it stays. It's not like an explosion that triggers and then disappears. So in this case, you need to wait till you want to remove it.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
ye like TomTTT says, you would have a second trigger or a "wait for" to destroy that kind of effect.

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
Remember though if you have many of these going on or another trigger that creates an effect is executed, then that effect is permanently there until the unit's corpse is gone.

TomTTT

Reaction score
Remember though if you have many of these going on or another trigger that creates an effect is executed, then that effect is permanently there until the unit's corpse is gone.
So he needs to set the Special Effect to a variable and destroy it. And then he can maybe run a loop to see when to destroy it by setting the unit to a variable too.

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
I would suggest doing Attribute Bonus, making it invisible (ability choice), removing all the plus, and doing an attachment effect instead if prolonged.
Much easier.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.