Spell Animation Problem

Killerphill

Reaction score
hi guys.

ok i got a custom ability which basically fires a "finger of death" spell at a target player owned building and the spell animation for it lasts for 5 minutes (like its suppose to). it all works well, BUT when the casting unit dies or the target unit of ability being casts dies, the finger of death spell animation remains. normally itll disappear after 5 mins due to my object editing.

now is there a way to get rid of the spell animation when either the casting unit or target unit of ability being cast dies?

Julian4life

Reaction score
Well, i need you to describe your position your in better for me. Maybe you didn't type what you thought.

But for now, from what i can make up from what you've told me. I think you can remove it through triggers, I'll do what i can:
(typed it up freehand)
Remove Animation
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
(Triggering unit) Equal to YourUnit001
Actions
Destroy effect / animation or what your using

+rep if i helped :D

Killerphill

Reaction score
no no no, the spell animation is not through triggering. its all through the actual ability on object editor. ive made it so that the finger of death animation has a graphic duration of 5 minutes.

and now when either the casting unit or the target unit of ability being cast dies, the spell animation continues to go through the whole 5 minutes even though the unit is dead.

Julian4life

Reaction score
hmm, well, you can still use a trigger to stop the animation from running.

Just have it so when the spell is cast (conditions included), have it so when the target unit dies, the animation will cease.

Easy, it's the same concept.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.