spell damage increase aura

windale5

Reaction score
is there a way to create a aura where it increases spell damage by 50 %. It's probably in JASS but is it possible without recreating the spell with another copy

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't heard of one being made before and I am guessing that it would be immensely complex (I can't actually think of any way to do this).

Dridien

Reaction score
Its possible, but the spell would have to be made using triggers... Basically make a dummy aura that does nothing but does a spell effect and gives a buff to those in its aura, than have the spells it gives a bonus to do damage like...

Trigger:
  • Firebolt
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Firebolt (Neutral Hostile)
    • Actions
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Casting unit) has buff Vampiric Aura) Equal to (==) True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 150.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire

warden13

Reaction score
Maybe a negative magic resistance aura?

or with complex way. Add all units in your map an orb effect ability with 0.1 second durations. Add all units to the event of a trigger with Takes Damage event. In conditions you should add a boolean checks if damage taking unit has your aura buff. And another condition, damage taking unit must NOT have the orb effect ability you added. And finally actions: Damage triggering unit (Damage Taken/2).

roXplosive

Reaction score
It sounds interesting enough .... I had in mind a passive skill named Spell Penetration . That is if an enemy takes less that 0.75 damage from your spell then you deal 20,40,60,80% of original spell damage as attack type magic , damage type divine or universal whichever does unreductable damage . I planned to be a hero passive that triggers for hero's items too but it seems I have to do more thinking for it .

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.