[Spell] Dig - Need some help, xD

Mike889

Reaction score
EDIT:Hmm... Now i'm thinking burrow will never work, because i tested only the burrow, unburrow with no special effcts, and... well, when you burrow the hero loses all of his skills, making it impossible to unburrow. =/ Do you have any suggestion about other skills to use?

Well, hello guys!
I'm making my first spell, "Dig".
JASS:
The Royal Guard digs up a hole on the ground and hide himself allowing an improved hitpoints regeneration. Also, if an enemy hero comes next to your hole, it is trapped and stunned for (2xSkillLvl)|n|cffffcc00Cooldown|r|n|cffffdead:10 seconds

But i'm having some trouble. First, i don't know how to make the stun effect trough a trigger. But, well, this is not the worst part. The real problem is making the "enemy hero comes next to your hole".
I based my ability on "burrow", so my hero is burrowed. Next i did the trigger, and a Point right on the caster. Next i made a dummy unit, so i could store it on a variable.
Next, i made another trigger. The event is: A unit comes within 200 of "unit".
I can't change this unit to the dummy unit i stored on the variable!
Here is what i currently made:
Code:
Dig
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Dig 
    Actions
        Set DiggedHole = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Create 1 Dig Dummy for (Triggering player) at DiggedHole facing Default building facing degrees
        Set DiggedHole_Reg = (Last created unit)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation( udg_DiggedHole )

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
@Edit:

I don't got WE open right now, but just set the Hero's skills in some variables, and when he have done the ability just add the variables to his skills..

bnw2000

Reaction score
Simple

Assuming that only 1 unit is allowed to be stunned at one time

The lazymans' way:
Event:Unit is within 200 range of "Underground Dummy hero" ( if hero is not on map , have another trigger set it as a varible)

Condition:(Variable:integer)Hero underground is equal to 1 ( where 1 is yes , 0 is no)
So if unit uses underground skill, set it to 1 ( remember set variable(player number(owner of unit).

Code:
--This means that after the hero uses the skill , it changes to ur dummy unit , then it sets to 1. After it uses a skill for example , resurface , set it to 0--

Condition2: And

(Variable:interger)Stunned is equal to 0 ( where 0 means no other unit is stunned and 1 means that a unit has been stunned already and so other units cant be stunned)

Action :
If...Then...Else..
If : Triggering unit belongs to enemy of((owner of (Dummy unit)) equal to true

Then:
Set (varible) stunned to 1
Pause triggering unit
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the head of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderclapTarget.mdl
wait 10 seconds
Unpause Triggering Unit

For the triggering unit , if there is an option which fits " Unit within range" , then use it cause i dont know bout it or i missed it

But i think there isnt ... the safer way is to make another trigger:
Unit within range 200 of dummy hero

Set stunned unit(Player number of owner of "(Variable:Underground dummy hero)" to triggering unit ( this will give the trigger only 1 choice as it can only select that one unit)

then replace triggering unit

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.