[Spell Help] Fire Bomb Javelin

Happy

Reaction score
hey all...

ive got a problem with my spell fire bomb javelin. i think im just too tired to get it work but maybe its something else^^

so the spell should work like this:

1. hero throws a javelin to the targeted point.
2. when javelin reaches the targeted point there shall be a fire effect (liquid fire) damaging every unit in it by a certain amount and set them on fire damaging them for some seconds.

sounds easy....but im to stupid to get the fire created when the javelin reaches the point. or better i got to work with a dummy unit with the model of a javelin changing flying high and so on....but that looked ugly as hell so i tried to do it with 2 dummys. 1 at the casters position 1 at the targeted position. and then i tried to use damage detection and ordered dummy 1 to attack dummy 2 but it didnt attacked -.- then i tried to use a custom cluster rockets spell and damage detection again...again didnt work.

and now im depressed of doing this and ask you how to do.

thanks in advance

greetz happy

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
If the dummy has locust thats why the damage detection didnt work because locust makes them invulnerable. Set the attacking dummy's attacks set to target invulnerable units and maybe it will work.

also dont get angry about a spell. if your getting frustrated take a break and work on something else for a little bit and come back to it usually during that time a probable solution will come to you :)

Happy

Reaction score
also dont get angry about a spell. if your getting frustrated take a break and work on something else for a little bit and come back to it usually during that time a probable solution will come to you :)

usually i do that but i was tired so this was my solution xD but thanks anyway xD

back to the spell :

changed targets allowed(several times) => no attack
replaced locust with invurnability => no attack
removed locust/invurnability => no attack
changed attacked dummys team to neutral hostile => no attack

and no detecting of the damage detection system

any other idea??? :(

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I recommend using a Projectile system. The one I use is Kingz at Hive Workshop, you can find it here.

Just input the projectile system, and add a timer that expires when you want the javelin to hit the target, and do X actions. I am not sure why you would need damage detection for this...?

Happy

Reaction score
its not needed to use damage detection here i think but i dont get another way in my mind so i tried this way...

if theres another way to do this (prefered without adding another system ive got 4 in my map that should be enough^^) tell me...

tommerbob thanks anyway...ill have that way in mind^^

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Why would the model of the javelin look ugly? IMO that's the best way.

Happy

Reaction score
the model itself doesnt look ugly....

the flying looks ugly...even if i change the flying high smoothly the javelin never "looks" up or down like it would be usually. means it always looks like this :

------>

but it shall look like this when flying upside (ignore the extreme angle...just take the idea^^) :

.....^
..../
../
/

and the other way round when it falling to the ground.

i hope you got what i mean...

skyblader

Reaction score
Oh... Yeah... That's the missile arc. I doubt it's possible to do it using units... Why don't you make a point target spell like, carrion swarm and change the missile to javelin and set the arc to what you want, but it deals no damage?

Happy

Reaction score
maybe im just stupid but when i thought of that way my problem was to create the fire effect when the missle hits the ground.

and also damage the units in there not before the fire is created....

skyblader

Reaction score
Well you can change the missile speed, and create a timer when the missile reaches you do your stuff. You can test the speed by using these triggers.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing a as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Carrion Swarm to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by 500.00 towards 0.00 degrees)
      • Set realvar = 0.00
      • Trigger - Turn on Untitled Trigger 002 <gen>

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set realvar = (realvar + 0.01)

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing b as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Untitled Trigger 002 <gen>
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(realvar))

Just type a, and then type b when it ends. (Though I doubt it's 100% accurate..)

Happy

Reaction score
that would work if the spell has a certain range everytime its casted but my spell can be cast just 1mm in front of you and also 700 range away...so the movement time isnt the same everytime....you understand?

skyblader

Reaction score
Yeah.. I think so. then you just have to find the time for let's say 1000 range. Then everytime the spell is casted, just find the range that it's casted at, and then do the divison and stuff.

Let's say 1000 = 5.00 seconds

So in your triggers, just set the range to a value first.

set Range = Distance between trigger unit and target point of ability being cast
set Time = (Range/1000) x 5.00
set temppoint2 = temppoint offset by range
Order unit to undead carrion swarm temppoint2
Create a timer that expires in Time

Happy

Reaction score
hmmmm...somehow the formula doesnt work like it should :(

your example:

set Time = (Range/1000) x 5.00

ingame version:
set FBJ_Time = (FBJ_Distance/700) x 0.30 the fire appears much too fast

so i looked at the formula and its physics basics....means it the formula : speed = distance/time

would change the formula you gave me this way round :

set FBJ_Time = (FBJ_Distance/700)/0.30 but in this version the fire appears "hours" after the projectile reached the targeted point :banghead::banghead::banghead:

so is here any maths freak could change the formula so it works??:D:D:D

Bo-Bo

Reaction score
With vJass this would be easy to do. Well, not exactly easy, but doable.^^
You could even achieve the turning of the spear using UnitLookAt().
The easiest way for you would be using a projectile system, though.

skyblader

Reaction score
are you really sure 700 range takes 0.30 seconds? If so, any range shorter than that would be very very fast no?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.