Spell Help

RedRage

Reaction score
This spell keeps damaging my units, and enemy units how can i fix this? Their is another trigger, but that doesn't really do anything to affect this.

Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
        Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set ShukuchiCasterPoint = (Position of ShukuchiCaster)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (ShukuchiCaster has buff Shukuchi ) Equal to False
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set ShukuchiCaster movement speed to (Default movement speed of ShukuchiCaster)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_ShukuchiCasterPoint)
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_ShukuchiGroup)
                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (ShukuchiCaster has buff Shukuchi ) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Set ShukuchiGroup = (Units within 100.00 of ShukuchiCasterPoint matching ((((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of ShukuchiCaster)) Equal to True) and (((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False)))
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in ShukuchiGroup and do (Unit - Cause ShukuchiCaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (90.00 + ((Real((Level of Shukuchi - S  for ShukuchiCaster))) + 10.00)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal)
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in ShukuchiGroup and do (Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Feedback\ArcaneTowerAttack.mdl)
                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Try to set the Unit group before the unit group action. And why do you put 2 Unit group action?

RedRage

Reaction score
Yeh, i went through it, fixed some stuff, but same thing happens.
*edit* editted above trigger

btw fckin wc3 world editor always does this kinda things to me

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
btw fckin wc3 world editor always does this kinda things to me

Maybe you are the responable of that.

In your actions, you have the group with picked unit. Let me show you:

This line.

Code:
Set ShukuchiGroup = (Units within 100.00 of ShukuchiCasterPoint matching ((((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of ShukuchiCaster)) Equal to True) and (((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False)))

It use using picked unit, but you don't picked any unit yet. You should use matching unit. And why do you have 2 unit group actions?. When in one you can have all your actions.
You should destroy the group after you use it.

RedRage

Reaction score
Actually i did pick a unit...
Look at the other lines
Code:
 Pick every unit in ShukuchiGroup and do (Unit - Cause ShukuchiCaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (90.00 + ((Real((Level of Shukuchi - S  for ShukuchiCaster))) + 10.00)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal)
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in ShukuchiGroup and do (Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Feedback\ArcaneTowerAttack.mdl)

And not destroying it after using would only cause leak, or not

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
No.

Code:
       Then - Actions
              [B]Set ShukuchiGroup = (Units within 100.00 of ShukuchiCasterPoint matching ((((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of ShukuchiCaster)) Equal to True) and (((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False)))[/B]
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in ShukuchiGroup and do (Unit - Cause ShukuchiCaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (90.00 + ((Real((Level of Shukuchi - S  for ShukuchiCaster))) + 10.00)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal)

Look at the bold text. You use picked unit before you pick every unit. Use matching unit in the variable, not picked unit. It should be like this:

Code:
Set ShukuchiGroup = (Units within 100.00 of ShukuchiCasterPoint matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of ShukuchiCaster)) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False)))

RedRage

Reaction score
No... It sets every unit then picks every unit and does action.
So it does pick unit

Reaction score
No... It sets every unit then picks every unit and does action.
So it does pick unit

You are absolutely right - ignore his crummy advice. What a noob he must be, to suggest that a mistake of yours might be responsible for your problem. Clearly, you already know everything, so it MUST be War3's fault that your dodgy trigger is not working.

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score

that wont work i think because it will only destroy one effect. use multiple actions

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
You are absolutely right - ignore his crummy advice. What a noob he must be, to suggest that a mistake of yours might be responsible for your problem. Clearly, you already know everything, so it MUST be War3's fault that your dodgy trigger is not working.

There's no need to insult me. I was right, that you have to use the Matching unit, cause he hasn't picked a unit yet in that action. See in the triggers of his DotA Spell Thread, what he put. That's right "Matching Unit". Just want to tell you that. So at the end..it was his mistake, of put Picked Unit, in this case.
But what to fight for. I'm here to help, not to discuss to you.

killbuzz

Reaction score
There's no need to insult me. I was right, that you have to use the Matching unit, cause he hasn't picked a unit yet in that action. See in the triggers of his DotA Spell Thread, what he put. That's right "Matching Unit". Just want to tell you that. So at the end..it was his mistake, of put Picked Unit, in this case.

you do know that he wasn't dissing you right?

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score

actually I'm pretty sure TheDamien was sarcastic when he wrote his message so i don't think it was an insult. or atleast not directed towards you

Reaction score
actually I'm pretty sure TheDamien was sarcastic when he wrote his message so i don't think it was an insult. or atleast not directed towards you

Yes, I was being sarcastic. I know it is hard sometimes to judge the tone of another users post, but I was definitely not trying to be insulting towards Naminator.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.