Spell not Working

RoarMan

Reaction score
This spell is not working as intended. What it does is when the caster of the spell takes damage, the unit he casted the spell on takes a percentage of the damage. When I use the skill however, the enemy does not take any damage the caster takes.

Code:
Deaths Grip Setup
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Bind 
    Actions
        Trigger - Add to Deaths Grip <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)

Code:
Deaths Grip
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Damage source) has buff Shadow Bind ) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Damage taken) x (0.25 x (Real((Level of Shadow Bind  for (Triggering unit)))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                    Else - Actions

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
1) Use "Starts the effect of an ability" instead of "Begins casting an ability".
2) There's no "Triggering unit" in the second trigger (i believe) .

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
Yes, there is a triggering unit.

Triggering unit = The unit taking the damage
Damage Source = The unit dealing the damage

He might have used Triggering unit instead of Damage source accidentally depending on what he wanted to do, but there is definitely a triggering unit :D

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Oh yeah.
I forgot the first trigger adds the event to the second one :p .

And for the condition;
Shouldn't it be "Picked unit" instead of "Damage source"?

RoarMan

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, but what's the difference between "Starts the effect of an ability" and "A unit begins casting an ability"?

RoarMan

Reaction score
I tried with "Starts the effect of an ability," and it didn't solve the problem. The ability that places the buff is based off of spirit link if that helps, and could
Code:
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Damage taken) x (0.25 x (Real((Level of Shadow Bind  for (Triggering unit)))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

be the problem?

Nerfpl

Reaction score
1) Use "Starts the effect of an ability" instead of "Begins casting an ability".

is not always good... really only thing is that it can be abused, but here it only add unit to trigger without any futher effects. btw it should be "Begins casting ability" because unit have to be added before damage event -.-

about the topic.
i think there should be ((picked unit) has buff Shadow Bind ) Equal to True. btw you could use pick all units matching condition (matching unit have buff)

i think it should work like that

RoarMan

Reaction score
Thanks for everybodies help, seems that the skill is up and running now. +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.