[Spell (or more like a system) request] Mediocre simple knockback

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I need a pre-made simple knockback system, so I can learn structs a little better (tutorials didn't exactly work out).
As I stated, really simple:

I don't need
- Elevation (the units should not fly)
- Destroy trees
- Setting up speed of the knockback
- Any other fancy realistic stuff

I do need:
- The knockback itself
- Detecting when the knockback is over (I don't specify conditions, make it as you wish, just not too advanced)
- MUI

I tried tutorials and searched for existing systems/spells, but they were either not MUI, either too complex and advanced, or they didn't tell me just what I wanted to know.
And I'm good at learning from existing works. :)

I really hope it's not too much burden for at least on of you, and of course +rep :)

Expelliarmus

Where to change the sig?
Reaction score
So is your purpose to learn structs, or to learn to make a simple knockback system? Because I don't really think the system is a good example for structs to learn from, especially if your focus is just to learn structs

Faust

Reaction score
I'm trying to convert one of my old gui abilities to mui vJASS, and I need structs for that (unless I use globals with arrays which I do not want to).
I want to learn from that, it seems simplier to me. Trust me, almost no one learns JASS from Dealin's tutorial, but only that worked for me.

Please help me ^^

Faust

Reaction score
I used advanced search, but didn't find that one in the first page (it's tiresome to check more t.t), I'll have a look at it, thank you

Faust

Reaction score
I checked and will do again tomorrow in more detail, but this one is still too complicated for my first time needs.
So if anyone is bored and wishes to create what I longed for in my first post, please do and pot :p
Good night for now

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Any other fancy realistic stuff

Damn, whats wrong with over realistic knockback -system, which uses realistic friction and reacts on shape of terrain? ( Speed incereases when going downhill, and decereases when going uphill )

:(

Faust

Reaction score
Damn, whats wrong with over realistic knockback -system, which uses realistic friction and reacts on shape of terrain? ( Speed incereases when going downhill, and decereases when going uphill )

:(

Because the particular spell I'm recreating in vJASS does not require that :p
And I'm learning, let's not start with the one of the hardest subjects

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Kay, I think this might help you: link and link
Take your time when you read trought that and try to pick up those things you need.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.