Spell Request: Full Details Inside Including Picture

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
falconassault.jpg

Okay, lets start with the concept. The bird gets the location of a unit (Means it won't follow the target unit) then it flies towards the point (500 MS - Gliding if possible). As the bird gets closer to the target point, its transparency is reduced until it reaches 0 when it reaches the point. Then the bird would disappear for a while, and another unit, based off from the model of the sorceress' projectile, will appear facing the opposite direction, and will swipe off at (700MS - Gliding + 50 additional speed per second). The bird would follow its summoner, since it is a summoned unit actually (So it would get the position of the summoner). each unit that the yellow bird passes through will receive a damage, when it reaches the summoner it returns to a normal bird again.

Normal Bird:
Range for Skill: [200] + [50 x (level of ability)]
Movespeed: 500 MS

Yellow Bird
Range: (Position of summoner)
Movespeed: 700 + (50 ms per second acceleration)
Damage: Optional, prefered based on the summoners agility

Thanks in advance for those who can help.

Silver

Reaction score
522 is the maximum movement speed btw.
And what unit is the summoner, the normal bird?

FhelZone

Reaction score
Bird = Summoned
Summoner = Some Hero

About the movespeed, well you can break it using a simple Gliding System.
The bird is actually moved to the heroes position, so it acts like a following pet (locust).

Ivach

Reaction score
Questions :

Does it have to be in GUI or JASS? Cause I can only do GUI.
Must it be MUI?

Other than that I would be glad to help.

Summoned

Reaction score
Are either/both the birds attackable while using this ability? Fully MUI with a spell like that sounds a bit tough, since it doesn't matter whether the ability is cast by the summoner or the bird, they have to be attached to each other by some extra trigger when the summoning spell is cast.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
Here, try this

GUI/(v)Jass: vJass
MUI: Yes
Leakless: Believe so
Lagless: You bet, tested up to 16 instances at the same time. (doesnt mean it cant go higher, its just how many i could have before the birds started returning at the same rate i fired them)

Requires: Jass Newgen, GroupUtils, Key Timers 2 (All included in the map)

btw, your 250,300,350 range just sucks, it goes nowhere, so i just changed it to 2050,2100,2150 for testing purposes.

i believe it is JESP standard and is fairly easy to modify. (the Global constants at the top are things you can modify)

Attachments

• Bird.w3x
    36.9 KB · Views: 91

Summoned

Reaction score
Looks very nice, but I was under the impression that the spirit eagle thing was originally a summoned unit rather than a projectile that is only created when that specific spell is cast.

when it reaches the summoner it returns to a normal bird again

FhelZone

Reaction score
Hmmm, the map does not even start. But anyway, as much as possible I wouldn't want to use a vJASS spell, well JASS and GUI are fine, MUI is necessary since the skill is given to more than 1 player.

The eagle is a summoned unit, it follows your hero. The concept was that, there is a chance that the eagle will move to the position of the damager. When it reaches the point, it will become a yellow bird that causes damage, it will fly back to the owner, when the bird reaches the owner it becomes an eagle again. The units are locust. Consider the eagle a permanent pet. If the hero dies, the eagle will die even though if it is in its yellow bird form. To prevent conflicts, the chances won't be executed when the Hero has a buff, which is given if the eagle successfully attacks.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
>as much as possible I wouldn't want to use a vJASS spell

why not? jass is the same

as for not starting, are you v1.24

FhelZone

Reaction score
I don't use newgen for starters, and 1.20e is the current patch here, though I have a version switcher.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.