Spell Request not JASS for God's sake

rafaxik

Reaction score
As the title says, please, don't make it JASS because I'm a denial in JASS...

Hero channels a spell in target AoE (e.g.350) to drain mana of all enemies in that area slowing them and increasing his mana regeneration.

I want to see the link to the units as the Blood Mage's siphon mana does in each enemy, showing that he's draining their mana.

Code:
Level 1 - Drains 10 per secs during 5 secs, slows 10% attack speed, 5% movespeed (at the same time the mana is being drained) lasts 15 secs. 50 % mana regeneration. Lasts 10 seconds (for slow and mana reg)
Level 2 - Drains 20 per secs during 5 secs, slows 14% attack speed, 8% movespeed (at the same time the mana is being drained) lasts 15 secs. 100 % mana regeneration. Lasts 10 seconds (for slow and mana reg)
Level 3 - Drains 30 per secs during 5 secs, slows 18% attack speed, 11% movespeed (at the same time the mana is being drained) lasts 15 secs. 150 % mana regeneration. Lasts 10 seconds (for slow and mana reg)
Level 4 - Drains 40 per secs during 5 secs, slows 22% attack speed, 14% movespeed (at the same time the mana is being drained) lasts 15 secs. 200 % mana regeneration. Lasts 10 seconds (for slow and mana reg)
EDIT: I meant The slow durantion and the increased mana regeneration will be started as soon as the cast is being channelled.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
shall the hero get bonus mana regen AND drain mana from his enemys?

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Siphon mana would not work well, since it would still be "in progress" even after the unit is in range of the target location. You'd have to add your dummy unit with Siphon Mana to a unit group, checking if its target is in range very often... if it ain't, order that unit to stop... could be computer hungry when there are many units.

You could also create lightnings with periodic events, removing them and putting them back on a new position every, say, 0.03 seconds. That way, it will look as though the lightning is following the two units. (since Flame Strike is no channeled spell, the caster can move, too. You'd need periodic events to move your dummies, anyways. And there would be more than one of them.) You can remove mana with GUI actions, no need for a Siphon Mana ability to do such stuff.

By the way, why not try and make it yourself? Just try it and show us what you've got if it doesn't work. You can't "demand" that someone else makes that trigger for you. It's not very respectful. What you can do, however, is ask us why your trigger doesn't work or how it could be more complete. You could also ask for hints or tips, too. u_u

Edit : About the slow, um... for movespeed, you can just use [ljass]SetUnitMoveSpeed()[/ljass] or whatever it looks like in GUI. For the attack speed, I'd add a reverse-endurance aura, removing it with the periodic events when necessary.

rafaxik

Reaction score
By the way, why not try and make it yourself? Just try it and show us what you've got if it doesn't work. You can't "demand" that someone else makes that trigger for you. It's not very respectful. What you can do, however, is ask us why your trigger doesn't work or how it could be more complete. You could also ask for hints or tips, too. u_u

Edit : About the slow, um... for movespeed, you can just use [ljass]SetUnitMoveSpeed()[/ljass] or whatever it looks like in GUI. For the attack speed, I'd add a reverse-endurance aura, removing it with the periodic events when necessary.

First of all, thanks for your ideas, they were helpful.
And the thread is titled "Spell Request", for those who want to show me how to begin this trigger... Anyway, I'm trying to do so. In awhile, I'll finish and post it here... I'm not being rude, I know you're expressing your point of view. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.