Splash Damage/Beam Wepons

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
Okay so i have an Archon hero and i want him to be able to learn an ability (I have the WCIII hero learn abilitys set up) that basicly gives him splash damage, i have no idea about how to do this in the form of an ability.

Also i have been having a problem with his wepon, The hero attacks at a rate of .5, and i want him to attack with a wepon modle of the sentrys attack beam thingy, what i want to happin is upon attack the archon raises his hand "like he usually dose on initiating an attack" then for .2-.3 seconds i want the cool looking dark beam thingy for the sentry to appear and then dissapear and then the archon starts the attack over again.
The reason i have problems with this is because the sentry attack beam was not ment to terminate, it is more like a channeled ability, my archon needs to be creating a new beam every .5 seconds, i by changing the period duration, and period count i made it so the archon would start a new beam every .5 seconds but the old beams would not disapear, so like he would attack a zergling and hit it 3 times then it dies, and there are still 3 dark beams between the archons hand and where the zergling died, they would never dissapear, if anyone can help me to make the beams actually disapear that would be helpful

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
/bump

By changing the events in the beam actor, adding "play once" to the flags, i got the beam to dissapear after 3 seconds, even after changing the timers and durations in events it still lasted 3 seconds, i need to make it dissapear after like .2 seconds

+rep to anyone who can help

Reaction score
1) To add splash Damage, look up the Arc field within the damage effect.
2) The best way to make your effect dissapear is within the Events+ system of the Actor of the Weapon. Just set a timer of .3 seconds whenever the unit attacks, and destroy the actor when the timer is up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.