Stacking items

Orphen_123

Reaction score
how to u make it so items stack. every time i pick up more than 1 of the same item it puts it in another inventory slot. how do i make them just stack

Orphen_123

Reaction score
that really the only way. it doesnt work if inventory full and the only 1 in jass which i dont understand 1 bit...thought this would be sumthing really simple lol

H

HBtheOnly

Hmmmm, all the ways requires triggering really since there is no inbuilt item stacking made by blizzard. As for if the inventory is full, you'd have to make the item "use on pickup" so when the unit clicks on the item to pick it up it will use it on him auto, then create a trigger which adds a charge if he already has the item in his inventory and if not it will recreate the "use on pickup" (powerup) at the position of the hero if you get what I mean. And yeah I know what you mean about complicated, try this one instead, it has less features but gives you the basic item stacking with less trigger code and you can basically c/p and then add the items that can stack yourself.

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57777

Orphen_123

Reaction score
any ones not in jass. if i use 'use on pick up' ill have to make a dummy item that does nothing or sumthing otherwise it will use the item. or sumthing like that wont i?

H

HBtheOnly

Yeap, and it doesn't matter if it's in JASS, that's not what you're actually editing. All you are doing is putting a level on the item and make it have 1 charge or whatever and the "level" of the item is the "max" charges it can have. The second link I gave you is really simple to use.

As for the second question, yeah you will, which is why most item systems don't include it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.