staredit, enemy not doing anything!

C

ChuckNorris3000

i made my own map and want to play on-line. The enemies start out w/ 1 main builing and 4 building guys. But all they do is mine. I "ran ai script and location" and set it for custom, but i can't change the location from "anywhere", please HELP!!

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You need to create a "Location" which is done by going to the Layers (?) menu and choosing Location. Then drag a box around the general area of their base. You can then name this location whatever you want (like "Red Terran Base")

Then you will have the choice to use this Location when you run the AI script. It won't work with "Anywhere"

Also, you need to play a "Use Map Settings" type game. You can use melee, but the only thing that will be used is the starting location(s). You shouldn't need any AI scripts in this case. Just make sure there are some minerals and maybe gas nearby, and enough open space to make buildings. Make sure the nearby terrain is buildable.

Locations have other uses too, when you get into trigger maps.

C

ChuckNorris3000

sorry about the double post, anyways, thanx, it worked

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
No problem :)

Glad you got it sorted out. Come back if you run into any more questions.

C

ChuckNorris3000

yup, got another... it is 2 vs. 3 (the 2 being me and a freind) and the 3 are computer. They are set for ZERG expansion custom AI and they aren't hard enough, they only attacked once the whole game, how do i make it so they are normal (build and attack constantly, like in other games)???

U

Unregistered

there should be an ai script easy/medium/hard/insane.... but i haven't used the editor in a year or so... i just started up again

X

x)V(x

For kicks I checked and I was right... there's individual ai's for each race, I'll tell you terrans : Terran campaign easy
terran campaign medium
terran campaign difficult
terran campaign insane
terran campaign area town
terran custom level
terran expansion custom level

they have those for each race... insane is pretty damn hard, but deffinitely beatable if you're good... oh yeah i registered now by the way =)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.