Strange Goings-On

SilverScreen

Reaction score
Hello folks!

I'm at a loss here and was hoping for some advice. I'm a newbie to WCIII World Editor and I'm working through the basics. So far so good. I'm starting very simple with a few units, some buildings, etc..,

But when I go to run the map (either in test or through the game), it gets maligned! I'm only supposed to have two forces (Undead, Human), but when I start it up there's random Night Elf stuff everywhere! And I've got more Human workers than I should. And even though I set it as Humans-Comp and Undead-User, I end playing as the Humans.

I've set starting points for both sides, I've assigned both armies to different Forces, each side has a goldmine, some trees, a few workers and a base. What am I doing wrong?

I do have a custom hero thrown in there that I messed around with...could that create the symptoms I'm talking about?

Anywho, I just have no clue what to do at this point. I don't want to get complicated with triggers and campaigns and whatnot. I just want to create my own map with a few custom units tossed in.

I just installed the WCIII/Editor this morning and downloaded the 1.24c patch.

Any thoughts? It'd be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

SSF

SilverScreen

Reaction score
Solved one problem...

Thanks for the info! I made the adjustment, and it took care of my human worker problem. I'm still playing as the Humans though (the load screen shows "Random" for both sides, and uses generic Editor names instead of the ones I selected) even though the scenario has them as "computer", and for some reason the Undead (who I should be playing as) still have Night Elf units (the tree-bases) growing in it. --Night Elves aren't anywhere in my set up--there's not even a third army selected. Just Humans and Undead.

Any thoughts?

KillingSpree

Reaction score
Did you delete the Melee initialization trigger?
It makes the townhall and de peasants

If you didn't: here is how you delete it:

1. Open the trigger editor (F4)
2. delete the melee initialization trigger (select it and press del)

SilverScreen

Reaction score
Partial Success!!!

Wow! Thank you! I don't know why, but taking out the "Melee" tag eliminated those pesky Night Elf units! I'm free at last!

The only problem that remains then is that I'm still playing as the Humans even though I set it up as Undead: User, and Human: Computer.

Is there something else I need to delete or set up so that I play as the civ I chose in the Force screen?

Thanks so much for the help, I really appreciate it!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
look at the toolbar at the top of the editor => open the "scenario" tab => go to "force properties" => check the box which says "Use Custom Forces"

voila. should work.

SilverScreen

Reaction score
Thanks a ton!!

You guys are great; thanks so much for taking the time to help me out. Really appreciate it. --Was kinda pull'in my hair out there for a second!

Now I've actually got a good start on a map.

Now should I be able to play the scenarios in the game, or just under "Test"? It's a .w3x file, under "Frozen Throne--Scenarios", but it doesn't show up when I try to access it as a Custom Map inside the game. Is that normal? That's fine if it is; I can play in Test mode no prob.

Thank you again. I never would have figured it out on my own, that's for sure.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.