Strange issue

Aly

Reaction score
It's kind of hard to explain what's happening; but I'll try my best to sum it up.

I'm not quite sure what's causing it; but my map won't recognize the (All Players) call in GUI. Strangely enough; it's JUST one map. My other maps work fine with it.
It's not a giant issue since I typically store my player groups in variables; but it's rather irritating when I want to make a quick trigger to test something.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I would assume that you destroyed the (all players) force which is a preset force in every map.

Aly

Reaction score
I would assume that you destroyed the (all players) force which is a preset force in every map.
Hey there! We meet again it would seem, heh.

Anyway; I don't think I did -- although it -IS- a possibility. In all of my triggers the only Force I destroy is "call DestroyForce( udg_TempPlayerGroup )" I believe. I use TempPlayerGroup for... Well, temporary player groups.

Is that the issue?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
If you ever set "TempPlayerGroup = (all Players)" and then destroy it, then yes, thats the issue.

Aly

Reaction score
Oh... Wow... Thanks; that helps alot! I'mma check and see if I can find the offending trigger then. I'm fairly sure I've done that at some point.
Should I just not destroy player groups then, do you think?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Only All players should not be destroyed. It doesn't leak anyway.

Other player groups ought to be destroyed...
For example:
All player matching (Triggering player)
All player matching (Player 1)
etc...

Just not All players.

Reactions: Aly

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You should destroy objects when you have created them before.
So, for example, if you convert a single player to a player group, then you have to destroy it.
If you pick all players matching XXX then you have to destroy that group as well, and so on.

But the All-Players group is a preset group that already exists. You do not create anything if you use it, and thus you should not destroy it.
Its not always easy to know when something is created and when it is not; blizzard was not putting much effort into making that clear to the end user. In fact, blizzard didnt put much effort into the editor in the first place, so strange things happen every once in a while.

Reactions: Aly

Aly

Reaction score
I see. Well, thank you both. I greatly appreciate it. Seems like it works now that I removed my Set Variable (TempPlayerGroup) = (All Players), Remove (Light Blue) from (TempPlayerGroup). Seems as though (All Player)s now work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.