Strange Warcraft 3 Glitches...

jarg1985

Reaction score
Hi, im having a problem where im playing one of my maps on tft that I made, and sometimes all of the textures terrain everything just seem to turn black, the units the terrain the buildings ect. Any idea why? is this a mpq problem or is this more? Also it may have to do with this strange error ive gotten out of the blue just today when trying to launch warcraft 3: Warcraft III was unable to initialize DirectX. Please ensure you have DirectX 8.1 or newer installed and that your display drivers are current. DirectX may be found on your Warcraft III install CD under Options. Then when I close that error message it says please insert CD...So i try restarting my computer and then try warcraft again, it seems to work I can play fine, I leave the game, and then I may not be able to get back in because it seems to be giving me this error. Anyone have any idea as to hwy this may be happening +rep thanks!

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You could try to reinstall DirectX.

Does your problem occur only on one map or one tileset?

It sounds very similar to a problem I had on Red Alert 3, where all the terrain was black, but I found it only occurred on certain maps. I never did manage to solve that problem though.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
You could try to reinstall DirectX.

Does your problem occur only on one map or one tileset?

It sounds very similar to a problem I had on Red Alert 3, where all the terrain was black, but I found it only occurred on certain maps. I never did manage to solve that problem though.

Reinstall DirectX? You cant. Then you have to buy a new computer. :p

jarg1985

Reaction score
My problem ive only seen on one map, but then again that glitch never happened on that same map ever before...and this is the first day I also recieved this error message, im putting the two together and saying that they are somehow related, and also its not just the terrain that goes black its like the map itself, just block the units black gone cant see them but u can still select them and they r all black the terrian is black ect. But it only happens on some parts of the map, different parts every time, this is indeed a strange series of glitches... anyone ideas? I could post some screenshots for the next time it happens to me to show you all what it looks like.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.