Sudoku!

BlueSin

Reaction score
Haha I've got enough on my plate at the moment (main thing is finishing up my Sonic Flash Game, which is going very well) but I'll add about 100 puzzles this weekend, give you a choice of difficulty, and of course make it so players can do more than one puzzle a game. :)

I like your avatars, though the bacon one's the best.

P

Peanuthead

Not really a game for Warcraft. A game for when you have nothing better to do, or while your eating or something, but on wc3, nah.

Good luck with it though:D

BlueSin

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, I go to host it and then I think: "Wait, I don't want to play Sudoku right now."

But still it was fun to make since it has some pretty good coding in it in my opinion, I can post my functions and triggers if anyone wants to see them.

I think it will be a little more 'exciting' when there are more puzzles and when you can select difficulties, since I know there are some nerds that think no one is faster than them at solving puzzles. :)

------------------------------------------------------------

I'll go ahead and post some of the code. Here are my header functions:

Code:
function CellSize takes nothing returns integer
    return 128
endfunction

function GetCellLoc takes integer cell, integer board returns location
    local integer column
    local integer row
    local real x
    local real y
    local location l=GetRectCenter(udg_origin[board])
    if((ModuloInteger(cell,9)) != 0) then
        set column=ModuloInteger(cell,9)
        set row=(cell/9)+1
    else
        set column=9
        set row=cell/9
    endif
    set x=GetLocationX(l)+CellSize()*(column-1)
    set y=GetLocationY(l)-CellSize()*(row-1)
    call RemoveLocation(l)
    set l=null
    return Location(x,y)
endfunction

function SetAnswers takes integer data, integer board, integer row returns nothing
    local integer i = 9*row
    loop
        exitwhen i==(row-1)*9
        set udg_ans[i+81*(board-1)] = ModuloInteger(data,10)
        set data=data/10
        set i=i-1
    endloop
endfunction

function SetHints takes integer data, integer board, integer row returns nothing
    local integer i = 9*row
    local location l
    local unit u
    loop
        exitwhen i==(row-1)*9
        if((ModuloInteger(data,10)) != 0) then
            set udg_input[i+81*(board-1)]=ModuloInteger(data,10)
            set l=GetCellLoc(i,board)
            if(ModuloInteger(data,10)==9)then
                set u=CreateUnitAtLoc(Player(15),udg_num[ModuloInteger(data,10)],l,0)
            else
                set u=CreateUnitAtLoc(Player(15),udg_num[ModuloInteger(data,10)],l,180)
            endif              
            call SetUnitVertexColorBJ( u, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0 )          
            call RemoveLocation(l)
            set udg_hint[i+81*(board-1)]=true
        endif
        set data=data/10
        set i=i-1
    endloop
    set l=null
    set u=null
endfunction

function Flash takes location l returns nothing
    local effect e=AddSpecialEffectLoc("notifytile.mdx",l)
    call RemoveLocation(l)
    call PolledWait(2)
    call DestroyEffect(e)
    set e=null
endfunction

function Done takes integer p returns boolean
    local integer i = 1
    loop
        exitwhen i>81
        if (udg_input[i+81*p]!=udg_ans[i+81*p])then
            return false
        endif
        set i=i+1
    endloop
    return true
endfunction

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I'll go check this out, my mom... ALWAYS plays sudoku. Not much of a fan of it myself, but i'll try.

As for your... SU DOKU board o_O it can't just be Canadian, I've never heard of it. I don't believe you too!

Answer to your binary Soduko avatar is 5. Wow i'm one smart cookie, only took me 2 tries to get it right!
No the answer to my avatar is

:nuts:

The avatar is like Kakuro to me :) (Don't tell me you guys don't know Kakuro :rolleyes:, It's like Sudoku but way different, much confusing). It's obvious the answer is 10/01:

?|1 => 0|1
?|0 => 1|0

!~WOW~! I'm done.

EDIT:

Something for BlueSin ;).

BlueSin_Binary_Sudoku.gif

2.75 seconds.

Too fast?

BlueSin_Binary_Sudoku-1.gif

3.75 seconds.

Yes~! BlueSin's Sudoku! This was based off his avatar and did some animating.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I know what Kakuro is! My mom plays that all the time too now. Haha, anyways, the reason I said the answer is 5 because 0101 in decimal is 5! 101 = 5, 1 = 1, 10 = 2, 11 = 3, 100 = 4, 101 = 5. Sorry, I'm weird. Anyhow... I like your scrolling thing, but the old yellow squares stay too long and the current one fades too quickly! It would be better if if it was idle, it would create more of that so it has a kind of blinky effect except not. Otherwise it's very well made, yet very boring because I don't like Sudoku! Haha, anyway, if you could use your skillz to make some other interesting maps I'd be happy!!!

BlueSin

Reaction score
Well the duration could be easily changed:

function Flash takes location l returns nothing
local effect e=AddSpecialEffectLoc("notifytile.mdx",l)
call RemoveLocation(l)
call PolledWait(2)
call DestroyEffect(e)
set e=null
endfunction

>>Haha, anyways, the reason I said the answer is 5 because 0101 in decimal is 5!

Hah you took binary too literally. :)

Oh and thanks Thanatos it looks awesome! (Though a normal 3x3 has 1-9, not 1-3 :p )

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
There wasn't enough room to make the munbers 1-9 :p. So I made it 1-3 instead.

Here's an updated one that says Clab CBS at the end.

BlueSin_Binary_Sudoku-2.gif

It's only 9.46 KB but it's animated. No compression or anything.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
If you use flash I know how to make animated gifs a lot smaller, just ask if you need to know... (Sorry I'm dumb is 9.46 kb a lot for an animated gif?)

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
If you use flash I know how to make animated gifs a lot smaller, just ask if you need to know... (Sorry I'm dumb is 9.46 kb a lot for an animated gif?)

Decreases detail, much like compressing the image to a crappier format. Only good if the image is too highly detailed, then you can compress to make it smaller. Compress it too far, if gives you a small sized image in your computer but reduces quality by a lot.

And it's around small - normal. I got 2 Kirby animations which is about 5 -7 frames but it's less than 2 KB. Its size is less than 50x50, that's why it's small. This is 100xsomething dimensions so it makes it smaller. This also has around 10 frames which wont take much space.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Not too badly... I made a 100x100 (I think that's the dimensions) simple zoidberg thing that looked good. By the way, have you found a way to export animated gifs that don't run at 12 fps? You can change the fps of the FLA to whatever and the animated gif will always be 12... Is it possible to change that?

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Sounds cool, i cant test tho cause my wc3 isnt working..discs are messed up or soemtihng im not sure..but i do play wow ALOOOTT more than wc3 :p

BlueSin

Reaction score
Playing WoW is bad for all of its slaves social lives, health, and intelligence; mapping is not. :)

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Lol WoW destroyed my soul... I'ma play more of it tomorrow because I haven't been able to play it for awhile. Hahaha, anyways, make cooler maps using your skilllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzz
Ok, maybe they aren't "skilllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzz" but you got talent. Make some kinda super pro extreme 8 way chess maybe?

OFFTOPIC: A LOT IS TWO WORDS.

Edit: Oh excuse me, I mean some kinda super pro extreme 8 way BATTLE chess :)

BlueSin

Reaction score
Update

Added New Puzzles
Added Difficulty Selection
Fixed a few bugs
Added -bother command

DL Link on first page.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.