Surround Sound with TV??

BlueSin

Reaction score
I bought this TV:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat95100050007&id=1138086437326
Back:
7711158_ba.jpg

And this Surround Sound System:
http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL027640&pathId=30&page=1 (Was at bestbuy, picture of back no longer available)

Does anyone know how I configure it so that my TV's audio (Cable, Systems hooked up to it) is played with the surround sound system?

And yes I'm new to this. :) (Home Theater Systems are considered 'tech' right?)

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
That Receiver that you got with the Surround Sound is what you want to plug everything into. Including your cable box output. The only thing you want going Input to your TV is a video cable (the orange RCA cable for video and that is it). Follow the directions on your Surround Sound Receiver for what to plug everything into. Depending on your Receiver you will have more or less RCA inputs, or whatever types of inputs you will need for the type of TV, etc.

The basics are you want to run all your sound and stuff through the Receiver and only use the TV set for Visual. At least that is how I did it.

BlueSin

Reaction score
There was only one audio In (labeled VCR) and that worked, so thanks. Though does this mean to add more audio (PS2, etc) I have to get one of those boxes with many audio inputs that you can switch between?

Also there's two ports labeled 'AV Compu-Link III' which I have no idea what to do with. :)

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
You can get a box that costs $20 that will take multiple audio/video inputs and output them through one line, and you just push a button to change inputs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.