Targeting units with buff models

BiweeklyAaro

Reaction score
So I wanted to make a unit with a buff model (the mana drain one specifically) When I create one via trigger, it appears fine, but I am unable to target it.

Is this the case with any unit that has a buff model? Is there any way this is possible to work?

Thanks,

sentrywiz

Reaction score
What do you mean by buff model? I don't get ya..

The unit has a buff like Drain Mana or the unit LOOKS like the Drain Mana buff?

And also, target it for removing purposes or target the unit?

Tried this?

Trigger:
  • Unit - Remove <Your Buff> buff from (Triggering unit)

BiweeklyAaro

Reaction score
By buff model I mean a unit that looks like the Drain Mana buff/effect.

And by target I mean target for the purpose of attacking it with my units.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
I ain't sure why you can't target it.

Did you make an Air unit buff model and try hit it with a ground unit? That won't work no matter what model you use. Does the unit have invulnerability/locust or stuff?

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Well, I made a new map and gave two enemy units some buff models. One was Drain Mana other was Drain Life.

It works for me. Maybe you have some older version of the Editor or have some triggers that cause units to not be targetable

I don't know how to upload images but I have a screenshot to prove it.

EDIT: The insert image wants url, but its from my computer.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Units using a model without an origin attachment point (such as an effect) cannot be directly target. You can only select such units by holding down the left mouse button and dragging the mouse over an area to create a selection square over the unit.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Units using a model without an origin attachment point (such as an effect) cannot be directly target. You can only select such units by holding down the left mouse button and dragging the mouse over an area to create a selection square over the unit.

I do that all the time. Because the selection scale is smaller than the model used. Its common sense to drag once you can't accurately click and select.

By the way, he said target it. Target it has a completely different meaning than select it. I thought he meant in game he can't target it with spells or attack it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I do that all the time. Because the selection scale is smaller than the model used. Its common sense to drag once you can't accurately click and select.

By the way, he said target it. Target it has a completely different meaning than select it. I thought he meant in game he can't target it with spells or attack it.

Bogrim is right, its something about the model itself though i dont know whether it has something to do with the origin attachement point but rather with some other model-maker-complicate-thingy.

its just that model which cannot be clicked by a player properly, no matter whether you want to select, attack or target it with a spell.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Re-read my post: If you can't directly click a model, you can't target with with unit-target abilities and orders either. You can only target the unit by its location handle.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.