Teams Spawning in Arena

sionts

Reaction score
I have an arena match scenario in my map, where 2 teams out of 5 teams in total will be selected and spawned inside the arena to fight. 2 regions per side(1 per hero) and there is only 2 sides.

What i want is to have all the teams to play against each other eventually, So if Team 1 beats Team 2, Team 1 goes up against the Winner of match between Team 3 and Team 4 and Team 2 goes up against the losing team. But there can only be 1 match at a time.

I'm unsure how to set up the spawning for the arena, and how to incorporate team 5. :confused:

The Regions.
Trigger:
  • Set Spot1_Arena_Spawn_P[1] = (Center of ArenaSpawn1T1 <gen>)
    • Set Spot1_Arena_Spawn_P[2] = (Center of ArenaSpawn2T1 <gen>)
    • Set Spot2_Arena_Spawn_P[1] = (Center of ArenaSpawn1T2 <gen>)
    • Set Spot2_Arena_Spawn_P[2] = (Center of ArenaSpawn2T2 <gen>)

The Teams.
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Player Group - Add Player 1 (Red) to Team_1
    • Player Group - Add Player 2 (Blue) to Team_1
    • Player Group - Add Player 3 (Teal) to Team_2
    • Player Group - Add Player 4 (Purple) to Team_2
    • Player Group - Add Player 5 (Yellow) to Team_3
    • Player Group - Add Player 6 (Orange) to Team_3
    • Player Group - Add Player 7 (Green) to Team_4
    • Player Group - Add Player 8 (Pink) to Team_4
    • Player Group - Add Player 9 (Gray) to Team_5
    • Player Group - Add Player 10 (Light Blue) to Team_5
    • Player Group - Add Player 11 (Dark Green) to CreepOwner_1
    • Player Group - Add Player 12 (Brown) to CreepOwner_2
    • Set TeamPlayed[1] = False
    • Set TeamPlayed[2] = False
    • Set TeamPlayed[3] = False
    • Set TeamPlayed[4] = False
    • Set TeamPlayed[5] = False

The Spawning
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set Match = True
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • TeamPlayed[1] Equal to False
        • TeamPlayed[2] Equal to False
      • Then - Actions
        • Player Group - Pick every player in Team_2 and do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Unit - Order Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] to Stop
            • Unit - Move Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] instantly to Spot2_Arena_Spawn_P[(Player number of (Picked player))], facing (Center of ArenaCenter <gen>)
            • Unit - Set life of Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] to 100.00%
            • Unit - Set mana of Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] to 100.00%
            • Unit - Reset ability cooldowns for Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))]
            • Selection - Select Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] for (Picked player)
            • set TempPoint=Center of ArenaCenter <gen>
            • Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to TempPoint over 0.00 seconds
            • Call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
            • Set TeamPlayed[1] = True
        • Player Group - Pick every player in Team_1 and do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Unit - Order Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] to Stop
            • Unit - Move Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] instantly to Spot1_Arena_Spawn_P[(Player number of (Picked player))], facing (Center of ArenaCenter <gen>)
            • Unit - Set life of Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] to 100.00%
            • Unit - Set mana of Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] to 100.00%
            • Unit - Reset ability cooldowns for Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))]
            • Selection - Select Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] for (Picked player)
            • set TempPoint=Center of ArenaCenter <gen>
            • Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to TempPoint over 0.00 seconds
            • Call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
            • Set TeamPlayed[2] = True
      • Else - Actions

This is what i currently have if this helps. I'm sure there is a much better way of achieving what i stated above.

xz-master

Reaction score
I have an arena match scenario in my map, where 2 teams out of 5 teams in total will be selected and spawned inside the arena to fight. 2 regions per side(1 per hero) and there is only 2 sides.

What i want is to have all the teams to play against each other eventually, So if Team 1 beats Team 2, Team 1 goes up against the Winner of match between Team 3 and Team 4 and Team 2 goes up against the losing team. But there can only be 1 match at a time.

I'm unsure how to set up the spawning for the arena, and how to incorporate team 5.

I have no clue, on how to make the arena-ladder, but you could find and Download an arena map which has the same 1on1/2on2 system that your working on - to see how the arena and and all that are set up.

I can remember a few, but i don't know the name of them atm, sry.

FirstTsurugi

Reaction score
We're considering even changing the game layout from 5 teams of 2s to something else.. But first thought we'd ask on here.

We could get two teams dueling easy enough I'm pretty sure, but not when it comes to how to pit out balanced duels of 2v2 picking from 5 teams. Any suggestions, tips or opinions about a dueling system at all is appreciated. Thanks.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I would suggest you not to be using things like: Center of ArenaCenter <gen>
Code:
Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to ([COLOR="Red"]Center of ArenaCenter <gen>[/COLOR]) over 0.00 seconds
Instead of that you should be using
Code:
set TempPoint=Center of ArenaCenter <gen>
Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to [COLOR="red"]TempPoint [/COLOR]over 0.00 seconds
Call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
If you do this you wont get a memory leak - Everytime you call something, such as the Center of (Region) you will get a memory cached, and you need to destroy it again, can be done ny what i just showed you.

I just checked you trigger and noticed some memory leaks, and just felt like informing you :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.