Tech for other players

Mehengo

Reaction score
Changing units using variables

Hi im working on a map were creeps from 2 teams fight each other and im stuck on how to upgrade them.

I would like for example a upgrade for dmg and so on. but i cant find how to change units properties.

Thanks \\ mehengo

B

Brinck10

For each different unit, you need to set "TechTree - Upgrades Used" to the upgrades that the units shall benefit from. Then you can make you custom upgrades under the "Upgrade" tab in the Object Editor.

Frederik.

Mehengo

Reaction score
Thanks that seems to work.

But what if i wanted for example: If red upgrades a tech called damage then i want green to get that upgrade.

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
You could fix the upgrade with triggers.
Code:
Event:
  A unit finishes research
Actions:
  Set level of Upgrade for green to 2

B

Brinck10

Then you need to do that with triggers.

For example:

Code:
Upgrade Team
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes research
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) is an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Player Group - Pick every player in TeamOne and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Player - Set the current research level of (Researched tech-type) to (Current research level of (Researched tech-type) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) for (Picked player)
            Else - Actions
                Player Group - Pick every player in TeamTwo and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Player - Set the current research level of (Researched tech-type) to (Current research level of (Researched tech-type) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) for (Picked player)

But you need to have a bit of knowledge with triggers.

GaldiuZ shows indeed what I mean.

Mehengo

Reaction score
Hello this is kinda a continue for a prev tread.

I have come up with this trigger

event
a unit finishes a research.
condition
triggering unit is owned by player 1(red)
techtype equals to damage
action
unit group - pick every unit in(units owned by player 7 (green))and do(player - set the current reasearch level of damage to(current research level of damage for player7(green)) + 1) for player 7(green))

So the thing i want is to upgrade the damage of green units from my building playing as player 1 (red) but nothing happens when i upgrade.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks //mehengo

Oh and btw how do i copy my triggers and paste them here?
(edit) there is probably a tread for how to do that so i should nt ask before i have looked

SomaZ

Reaction score
Your trigger is run as many times as the ammount of units that green player has. I think that's not your intension.

Right now it's not working because player 7 doesn't have any units I suppose.

Mehengo

Reaction score
So you saying that i should remove
unit group - pick every unit in(units owned by player 7 (green))
And keep
player - set the current reasearch level of damage to(current research level of damage for player7(green)) + 1) for player 7(green))
?

SomaZ

Reaction score
Make sure that all green's units are using the upgrade in the unit properties in "Techtree - Upgrades Used" and that the damage upgrade actualy gives damage and has enough levels.

Edit: I quickly removed the idea about research, because I saw you used it in the first post, but you were fast enough to READ it before I edited it, and you turned out to use "Upgrade" after all :) Well, use Finishes a research and it'll be OK.

Mehengo

Reaction score
Code:
damage Copy
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    Conditions
        (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        (Researched tech-type) Equal to Damage 
    Actions
        Player - Set the current research level of Damage  to ((Current research level of Damage  for Player 7 (Green)) + 1) for Player 7 (Green)

yea ill try cahnge it too research

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.