Terrain 1.0 - need someone who used this to help me

DeepThought

Reaction score
I want to use the Terrain 1.0 tool (...) so I can use hight maps to create the terrain for my map quickly. However, the app doesn't work on my computer. If someone would like to help me, just post in this thread and I'll PM them the tga image I want to use, and they can use the tool on a blank, 256 x 256 Lordaeron summer map, and PM it back to me.

Keep in mind that I would like it if this person would help me twice: once for this terrain, which is just a test, and the next for when I complete it, probably about 3-8 days from now.

Anyone willing to help will get rep :)

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
The tga image must be
Black and white
Same resolution as the map + 1 (256x256 map must be 257x257 image a 128x64 map must be 129x65 image)

Don't expect this to be too useful - I used it once and didn't bother with it again. It creates very blocky terrain, most terrain generators will create an image which works badly (too slow) and so on.

If you were to modify it so it creates a greater contrast between black and white, than it could be very useful.

DeepThought

Reaction score
Yes, but despite all of that, I would like to see for myself if it is truly worthwhile. The problem is, is that I cannot get this to run on Windows 2000. Period. It just doesn't start. Could be missing something, but I'm 95% sure it won't work. I was thinking the method mentioned in my first post would be the easiest, as I cannot imagine it taking any more then 15 minutes.

If anyone wants to volunteer, let me know :p .

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
You're probably out of luck than, sadly.

The tool basically raises the terrain in either 45* increments, or 0* increments. It does not attempt to smooth it out.

I actually did the terrain by hand, and not used the tool after seeing it. The resolution it gies is too small for actual detail, it takes too much work smoothing it out, ect.

Sorry mate

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.