TESIVOblivion:CTD at loading screen for New Game

Grommo

Reaction score
Hai!
Need some help troubleshooting Oblivion here... ^_^

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I get crashes when I try to start a new game. That means: I get to the main menu and press the "new game" button. The loading bar appears, and I hear ambient sounds. But just when the loading is about to finish, the game crashes to desktop WITHOUT ERROR MESSAGES. I have run Oblivion on this computer before without problems, but that was with the x86 7 Ultimate OS.

I have the latest ATi drivers for my HD4850 card. The game is installed to the default directory. I installed 7 Ultimate x64 with a full version DVD OVER the old x86 (x86 now lies in the folder "Windows.old")

I tried running the game Vanilla, with DLC's, DLC's and textures, dlc's + textures + mods etc etc. Also with OBSE. Nothing works.

I have used all these mods and DLC's before, back with the x86 OS. This naturally suggests the problem could lie in the x64 OS. However, I don't understand WHAT part of the x64 bit thing is causing the problem, since other people play oblivion on x64.

My (relevant) specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Radeon HD 4850
2GB RAM (DDR2, PC8500, 1066MHz)

Please assist me in this matter!
Thanks in advance!

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Oblivion is an awesome game, but it breaks at EVERY turn. Im not sure how to fix this though i had lots of problems on windows 7 with pink ground. Not this =(

Grommo

Reaction score
Oblivion is an awesome game, but it breaks at EVERY turn. Im not sure how to fix this though i had lots of problems on windows 7 with pink ground. Not this =(

Yeah, it really is awesome. Too awesome NOT to play it :(. Dammit, someone has to recognize this problem :(

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Have you tried setting the compatibility settings for the exe file?
I mean right clicking on it and changing it to run as if it was on a 32bits system?

It could also be your ATi drivers that cause this, they have had trouble with most of their drivers for a while now. You could try using an older driver.

Do you have catalyst installed? It can cause troubles as well.

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
Make sure you have the latest patch and (optional) have the Unofficial Oblivion Patch (Which installs as a mod).

If those fail, try reinstalling the game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.