text "models"

Danis[h]

Reaction score
Alright, so I saw this vertical written text on the ground ingame in the map "King of the Castle" by Im_on_56k. So I was wondering, how do you create these text models?
I'd like to know since I could use something similar in my map, it looks very stylish and neat! :)

Danis[h]

Reaction score
Im guessing its a floating Text
its on the Actions as create floating Text

Nope its not a floating text, i asked him. He said they were custom models, so I guess my question is, how can I make models to get a similar effect (different text of course)

Image added
screenie1.jpg

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
It sounds like something I can use in my minesweeper map! could you get a screanshot of it please? ;)

blooman

Reaction score
If it was on the map minimap then i would understand but wth is danis[h] talking about

Danis[h]

Reaction score
I just posted the image. It's the text labelled "Send Units" and so forth standing vertically along the ground

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
this is a model imported as a doodad... i believe... you know how to make models... do you have photoshop??

Danis[h]

Reaction score
this is a model imported as a doodad... i believe... you know how to make models... do you have photoshop??

I have photoshop, but I've no applications for creating models, or knowledge of how to..

(any software you could direct me to which is win vista x64 compatible would be good, assuming you know how to do this)

blooman

Reaction score
You cant do that since tilesets work by repeating themselves in some pattern like thing. :)
I know this because I looked into that option already xD

cant you do it by editing the tileset blp file from warcraft3 image extractor

Skeith

Reaction score
Nahh, u just cant do it, its small, and as he said, the tilesets work by repeating themselves.

blooman

Reaction score
but maybe some1 memorized everything about the tilesets and thing and made it like that:D:p
FINE FINE I LOST<3

Danis[h]

Reaction score
I know it's a model. The question of the matter is: How do I replicate what was done there for my own map?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.