The dark side of the force

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
Okay weird title but whatever.
In this new RPG I want it so you can turn into a light hero or a dark hero just by doing stuff. Examples, killing bandits gives light, killing villagers gives dark. Helping villagers gives light, threatening villagers gives dark. Etc.
I want to know how to do this. This may be easy, but now comes the harder parts.
Both sides have bonusses (and ofcourse bad things), and I want to know how to add these, correctly.
Also, I want to add a darkened and also lightened glow to the hero. A light hero would get a white/yellow glow, and a dark hero would get a black/red glow. I don't think I can do this with Hero Glows, as they only show one glow and they don't have white...

Now, how to do this?
Myself I whas thinking of making an integer variable. Then increase it by say +5 everytime he does something good, and -5 when he does something bad. (Light is above 0 and dark is under 0). Now I am not sure about this, but can an integer variable go under zero? And, how would I add certain buffs when the hero reaches a certain stage of light or dark? How do I remove them if he suddenly wants to go to the other side? Will I be able to make this for more players (Note: If I need, I can pre-place the units...)?

Maybe , maybe not, hard to make.
:cool:Quauhtli:cool:

P.S.
Maybe this sounds familiar if you have played Fable, in wich you can choose these stuff too.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Well, you could try using a real variable instead and use this with this Game - Real becomes Equal to 0.00 event for the actions. Just make separate triggers for light and dark forces and for the current 'reputation' amount.

c-series

Reaction score
I'm sure integer can be minus ....

about hero glow .... how about
Art - Team color ---> set to Neutral Hostile
the unit's owner (player) can't be identified via colors though

for evil players give grey color ( neutral hostile ) and yellow for light

tinting color is good i think
Art - Tinting color

look forward for another heart

K

Kerberos

Code:
Darkness
    Events
        Unit - A unit [does evil thing]
        Unit - A unit [does something else evil]
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set LightOrDark[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (LightOrDark[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] - 5)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                LightOrDark[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Less than 0
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Add [buff]  to (Triggering unit)
            Else - Actions
                If (((Triggering unit) has buff [whatever buff you get for having 0 reputation]) Equal to True) then do (Unit - Remove [said buff] from (Triggering unit)) else do (Do nothing)

Code:
Light
    Events
        Unit - A unit [does something good]
        Unit - A unit [does something else good]
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set LightOrDark[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (LightOrDark[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 5)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                LightOrDark[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Greater than 0
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Add Bash to (Triggering unit)
            Else - Actions
                If (((Triggering unit) has buff [whatever buff you get for having 0 reputation]) Equal to True) then do (Unit - Remove [said buff] from (Triggering unit)) else do (Do nothing)

And then you can have something like that for every increment of 5 reputation, each time removing the buff that you get for having 5 reputation above/below what you have. Alternatively, you could just have one trigger with a whole lot of if/then/else statements, and every possible reputation influence as an event.

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
Kerberos said:
^Post listed above^
Your post whas new Kerberos:D
Anyways, now what would the variable be. Integer?
Thanks anyways.
So, at the events I have to list EVERY possible does something good/evil?
That'll take a while if this is going to be a big map... Hmm... Well +rep anyways, Kerberos.
:cool:Quauhtli:cool:
^That's Quauhtli with a capitol Q not just a stupid q..^

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Yes, they can go below zero. You can use integer variable too if you want. There is a integer to real conversion.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.