The future of WoW

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Well, WotlK is coming out. and the Burning Crusade is already out. So, what's next? I'm wondering what you all think would be the next inevitable step in the line of expansions of WoW. BC and WotLK pretty much completely finished off any and all lore coming from WCIII. So...

I'm thinking Azshara is next. A Great Sea expansion, including the Maelstrom in the center (since there's an island there). Azshara could be planning a mass land invasion or something like that. There's a lot of story to pull out of the naga and night elves.

Why this? Well it seems the most likely next step. Here's some others though:

Emerald Dream: Young Azeroth... it's basically a druid land. A potential story could be demonic forces found a way into the emerald dream, causing a rift between dimensions, heroes go in to save blah blah balh.

Twisting Nether: Sargeras is launching a desparate attack on Azeroth, but you must bring the fight to him! Mages have prepared a portal to the possessed space of the Burning Legion to hunt down and finish the demonic lord.

The Halls of the Earth: Deathwing has made a pact with a small, unknown clan of Dark Iron Dwarves. They have begun digging and have uncovered a mass, ancient system of caverns and vaults deep underground. It seems there are secrets in this vault that should never have been uncovered. Stop the dragon and his lackeys before they awaken something truly horrible....

^ that I think would be a good one as one of the last, involving the Old Gods (they're stronger than sargeras or something).

So. What do you think? What will be the next expansion?

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
WoW still has tons of places to turn, in what order, who knows. Places that will eventually be covered are The Maelstrom, considering its already on the world map. The Emerald Dream, since there are 4 portals that lead there (the currently inactive portals behind the 4 world boss dragons), wherever sargeras is, and wherever the Old Gods are/will be.

K

Kastoli

WoW still has tons of places to turn, in what order, who knows. Places that will eventually be covered are The Maelstrom, considering its already on the world map. The Emerald Dream, since there are 4 portals that lead there (the currently inactive portals behind the 4 world boss dragons), wherever sargeras is, and wherever the Old Gods are/will be.

Sargeras is dead, the maelstrom is a never ending magical storm created by a sea witch worshiped by the murlocs and in order to fight the 'old gods' you'd need to do back in time.

There isen't much more they can do without creating something new, they are just using up all that they hadn't added from the warcraft games.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I don't think there will be any more expansions to WoW, I think more they will focus on WoW 2, Diablo 3, or whatever. I think they will just continue launch major patches until Wotlk will die out.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
im pretty sure that they will make a new COT with new places to go maybe agaist malganis and his crew.

beside that their going to make a instant for every freaking hero in WC3

- anub'arak instance is revealed

Cornface

Reaction score
Yeah, they have said they are going to make a CoT Stratholme instance, with that purging with Arthas back in Reign of Chaos. Gonna be really cool, but I will quit WoW before Wotlk. Cant stand another grind for 10 levels, all the gear, all the mats, all the honor and so on. No way.

Tholdalf

Reaction score
Sargeras is dead, the maelstrom is a never ending magical storm created by a sea witch worshiped by the murlocs and in order to fight the 'old gods' you'd need to do back in time.

There isen't much more they can do without creating something new, they are just using up all that they hadn't added from the warcraft games.

Its Archimonde thats dead not Sargeras the Dark Titan :p

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
There will be no further expansion of WoW after WLK. Blizzard already announced that. It will be replaced with blizzard's Project Hydra (diablo 3... world of starcraft... who knows).

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
all I can say is that the final boss will be an Orc Blademaster.

WW- lvl 6000 invisibility, breaks for 600000 hp.
Crit Strike: 50% to do 3000x damage
Mirror image: 12 images that have 50% hp and does 75% of the bm's damage
Bladestorm: AoE for 12000 damage per second.

punwisp

Reaction score

Jesus christ! If he is that powerful he could have destroyed the world by now.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
due to the name of the thread, i just have to post this:

In the future of wow, there will be flying cars made of trees, and purple people on jetpacks, , and the undead have become move stars, the burning legion was disbanded, but the members still hang out in lowtown bars, thinking about the old days. the female humans have become pr0n stars, The orcs have become extinct due to lack of women. murlocks will swim the skies with the purple people, who are now known as day elves.
There are also giant buildings that look mysteriously like trees

(this may be spam, but this isnt your everyday spam: its high quality, well thought out spam)

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score

Sargeras is very much alive, and weve already gone back in time for some areas, why not again. >.<

I don't think there will be any more expansions to WoW, I think more they will focus on WoW 2, Diablo 3, or whatever. I think they will just continue launch major patches until Wotlk will die out.

Blizzard has already openly stated that they want to try to do one expansion per year after the released of wotlk. And... WoW 2?

What the hell, lol. Thats not true, although Blademaster will be a playable hero class eventually.

Cornface

Reaction score
Blizzard has already openly stated that they want to try to do one expansion per year after the released of wotlk. And... WoW 2?

What the hell, lol. Thats not true, although Blademaster will be a playable hero class eventually.

But Ghostwind stated that there will be no expansions after Wotlk, I would like to see your source Ashcat. And WoW 2, why not?

And the Blademaster thing, I think it was just some kind of joke. You can't take that too serious.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
They're making project hydra but I bet they'll continue making expansions. Just look at SCII, they're making that and WotLK at the same time, who says they can't do it again?

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
There will be no further expansion of WoW after WLK. Blizzard already announced that. It will be replaced with blizzard's Project Hydra (diablo 3... world of starcraft... who knows).

Link or it didn't happen ;)

I highly doubt Blizzard would abandon a game that has and is churning hundreds of millions of $$$

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
Project Hydra is a project that blizzard took it's top developers from WoW to start up, but they are not abandoning WoW, as they said at blizzcon that they want to keep expansions coming.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.