WIP The Scourge of Lordearon

Ghost-X

Reaction score
The Scourge of Lordaeron

Short Introduction
The Scourge of Lordaeron (TSoL) is an strategic game in the age when the Burning Legion invaded Lordaeron originally made by Pman. (he gave me his map to continue) despite he wanted to make it an spawn base i converted it to an Other type of map.(due the major spawn balancing it failed - I started triggers from scratch and had to reterain a lot)
This will be a little off lore, but its only for game play purposes, I tried to stay as much possible with the lore.
My dream was to make a game like Lordaeron Tactics but different and now I am able to create it.

Mapping Team
Triggers/object data: Ghost-x
Main Terrain/object data: Winterspirit
Special thx to Pman for making the map

Gameplay
It wont be like the average control point based map, it will be slightly different.
Starting with:

Base Management:

You wont be able to build anywhere, you will need to capture these "Building spots" by bringing their health down to 200. You will be able to open a building menu where you can select the buildings you want. You will have to use them very well since they aren't common on the map.

Income:
You have 2 different resources: Gold and Resources.

Gold is gained by building cities on Building Spots and by doing achievements like, destroy that base, take that point, each race will have its own achievements mixed with lore events.
Gold can also be obtained by capturing goldmines (it will take 1 minute).
You will need workers to capture these.

Resources: You can get income by taking strategic points spread around the map like a stone quarry, lumber mill etc etc.
Ofc you can build your own lumber mills but they wont contribute as much as these points.
You will need workers to capture these points.
Food:

Food will be gained over time by farms, every time you train a unit you will get -1 food, if your food reaches 0 you wont be able to train units until it reaches 1.

Ally System
You can ally any1 you want, but ofc with some limits, The Scourge wont be able to ally the Alliance. You will start with a normal Alliance.

Races:

The Alliance:

1-The Nation of Lordaeron
The mighty army of Lordaeron, consists out of well trained troops supported by servants of the light.
Units:
*Peasant:
-Abilities: Capture Control Point
*Footmen
-Abilities: Defend
*Archer
-Abilities: Marksmanship (chance to crit)
*Knight
-Abilities: Charge (25 damage on first hit)
*Royal Guard
-Abilities: Veteran of war (chance to crit + dodge), Commanding aura (5% damage aura), Defend
*Human Priest
-Abilities: Heal, Dispel Magic, Innerfire
*Conjurer
- Frost bolt (deals damage autocast), Mana Shield, Water Elemental
*Paladin Apprentice
- Holy Light, Devotion Aura, Righteous Hammer (10% chance on 2 sec stun)

Screenshot:
Tsol7.jpg

2-The Cities of Lordaeron
The Kingdom is too large for one king to control so he has assigned the cities to a duke or a magistrate. These cities have formed an treaty under one banner to support each other in times of needs.

3-Dalaran
The mighty wizards of Dalaran have always been a great support to the human nation. They rather use magic then steel to defend themselves.

4-The Silver Hand
The Elite troops of Lordaeron, consisting out of Paladins under the banner of the Silver Hand led by Uther the Lightbringer.

The Burning Legion:

5-The Burning Legion
Its solo purpose is to destroy all life on earth, supported by their fel orc minions they plan to travel to Azeroth once the Scourge has weakened the world of Lordaeron

6-The Plague Cult
The Necromancers who willingly gave their soul to the Lichking now try to spread the plague across Lordaeron.

7-The Lichking
The Lichking himself, his forces are to summon the BL to this world supported by his Plague Cult. Rumors are that he has a new champion.

The Horde

8-The Frostwolf Clan
The Remnants of The Old Horde now led by Thrall seek to have a country they can call their own home.

9-The Warsong Clan
The mighty bloodthirsty clan of Grom Hellscream follow their new Warchief, but still they sense the demon corruption is following them,more hunger for battle as ever they are ready to stand against anyone that opposes them.

10-Trolls
The Trolls are ready for taking their lands back after all this time, supported by their Avatars. They can expect help from their brothers in Zul Drak in Northrend.

The Arathor Alliance (wow lore + own lore)

11- The Nation of Stromgarde
The mixed forces of Humans from Stromgarde and Dwarfs from Aerie Peak now have a pact between them so they can work together to rebuild their raided lands by the Orcisch Horde

12- The High Elves
Growing more distant of The Alliance, they decided to aid The Nation of Stromgarde, the people that helped them long ago fighting The Trolls so they have a larger chance to survive

Note: I will try to make different units that wont occur in wc3, although it will be hard since I dont have a lot models for them, ill do my best to keep the game fresh from others

Progress:
-Triggers: 50% (only events remain)
-Terrain: 80% (some spots in Northrend, Pathing Blockers remain)
-Object Data: 75% (only tooltips and some techtrees remain)

It will be finished soon id say one month since I have school to attend.

Ideas?/B]
Feel free to post any suggestions what could be a great addition to this map.
What do you want to see in a map? If you have an idea don't be afraid i wont bite, same goes for negative comment, maybe I can work on it.
Ask if anything isn't clear :p

Screenshots
Tsol1.jpg

Tsol2.jpg

Tsol3.jpg

Tsol4.jpg

Tsol5.jpg

Tsol6.jpg

Note: some areas are still to be cleaned up because doodad spam blocks building spots.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I think I have played this. It was pretty cool actually.

Ghost-X

Reaction score
The spawnbase was cool but unfinished and unbalanced, i am working hard on it :thup:

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Of what I heard from thehiveworkshop and Salazaria, the map was infested with lots of bugs.

Good luck \o_O/

Ghost-X

Reaction score
**Update Human Units**

Any suggestions? Current units suck? add more units (tell me which ones)?

Please feel free to post.

Should I add Air? and what about Siege?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.