Tilting hero revive SFX

Darkrevenger

Reaction score
I'd like to know how you tilt the "revive hero" model so that it looks like a beam, since I'd like to use it as the SFX for my spell.

If you could also tell me how to tilt a unit so that its' model is tilted, that would be lovely too, thanks.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
You can create a tilted unit in a few ways:

1. Give the unit a negative maximum pitch or bank angle in the unit editor. You can enter a negative number by shift-clicking on the field to edit it; however, this doesn't work in the World Editor for Mac. :(

Note that the unit's tilt must be pre-set; you can't alter it with a trigger in this fashion.

2. Use a special dummy model (downloadable at the bottom of this post) which has animations to rotate any effects that are attached to that unit. You can then tilt the effects with triggers using the custom script [ljass]call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(unit, integer between 0 and 180)[/ljass] on the unit, 90 being normal pitch (source).

Darkrevenger

Reaction score
You can create a tilted unit in a few ways:

1. Give the unit a negative maximum pitch or bank angle in the unit editor. You can enter a negative number by shift-clicking on the field to edit it; however, this doesn't work in the World Editor for Mac. :(

Note that the unit's tilt must be pre-set; you can't alter it with a trigger in this fashion.

2. Use a special dummy model (downloadable at the bottom of this post) which has animations to rotate any effects that are attached to that unit. You can then tilt the effects with triggers using the custom script [ljass]call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(unit, integer between 0 and 180)[/ljass] on the unit, 90 being normal pitch (source).

That works fantastically, thanks for the help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.