Tome of retraining, specific skill?

HxCwizard

Reaction score
Okay so Ive posted this a couple times and NO ONE gives me a correct answer
I cant figure this out, its an old trigger used by another map for the same EXACT purpose but it refuses to work
Okay if youve ever played custom hero survival
the skill shops work off of a trigger system thats set up like this:
unit buys item "XXX". remove item "XXX". learn/upgrade skill "XXX" +1
the way the tome of retraining is supposed to work is that you buy the tome of retraining then you buy the skill in the shop that you want to remove( which is actually an item your buying ) and it should completly remove that skill no lumber/gold given back
this is how its set up as of right now, I dont get why it doesnt work:
"remove t 1"
scrn_2.jpg

and then:
"remove t 2"
scrn_1.jpg

PLEASE! any help would be useful

Shura

Reaction score
In the second trigger, is the ability that triggers it the actual ability being removed or a dummy item for the ability? If it's waiting for a dummy item, then the actual ability isn't going to be removed.

HxCwizard

Reaction score
okay true thank you, but how would I make it so that the ability for the item is removed?

Shura

Reaction score
You could check what item they used and then remove the corresponding ability, though that would require you to write an if/then statement for each different ability, but there's probably a simpler way to do it. You could also change the way your removing the abilities to make it easier, for example getting them to cast the ability they want removed so you can refer to the ability directly in the trigger.

HxCwizard

Reaction score
alright I have no problem with writing for each ability, but what if the ability is an aura or a passive?

Shura

Reaction score
The way I see your doing things, you have items set up that do nothing but register that they have been activated for the trigger to activate. So as long as this is the way you have things set up, if the item is an active item, you can still remove the corresponding passive ability.

Happy

Reaction score
why you dont just trigger it with commands....i think its easier to do it that way...and take away gold if they do that...should be easier than working hours/days/weeks on a trigger that doesnt work or not?

HxCwizard

Reaction score
I dont get what you mean "happy"
and shura would variables work?
like set a variable for each dummy item and if they buy the item set the variable to true
then if they buy the tome of retraining and use it then click on an ability they already own
so basically something like
events:
-unit buys an item
conditions:
-variable "tome of retraining" = true <- basically if the tome of retraining item is used that variable is set to true
-item being bought = "XXX"
-variable for "XXX" =true
actions:
remove ability "XXX" from triggering unit
(free hand)
would that work?

Happy

Reaction score
i mean that you trigger commands for every skill.
like "-evasion" and then evasion get removed if you have it and also gold is removed for that. thats the same work but you dont need to get your trigger to work again.

hope you understand now^^

greetz happy

HxCwizard

Reaction score
O MY GOD! thats so simple yet effective! I wonder which people would rather use?
tome or type

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.