hey just wondering how to make a trigger that will do this:
player buys "tome of retraining [[skill 1]]"
skill in slot one is removed
I dont know how this is done, help? please

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
what do you mean "skill in slot one is removed?"
do you mean the first ability that's in the left bottom corner in control box?

HxCwizard

Reaction score
yes
like unit buys tome of retraining [[skill 1]]
and the ability that is in 0,2 in the control box is removed

HxCwizard

Reaction score
hey I was just thinking about it and this would be something that would have to be done in jass huh???

sLsIDK

Reaction score
This doesn't have to be done in Jass. Just make an ability array for the amount of skill slots you have (Skill one... skill two... skill three... skill four would mean four arrays). In the map initialization (or right after if you wish) set the value in each array to be a skill in that slot up until you run out of skills to put in the array. Then when the unit uses the item, loop through the array first adding skill points equal to the level of skill#[integer A] (# being the skill slot the item is supposed to remove) to the hero, then lowering skill#[integer A] to 0 on the hero. Also you should probably add an if statement with the then being the adding skill points and removing ability with the condition saying the unit has the ability equal to true.

EDIT: Also this will only work if you have skills assigned to slots, like custom hero games would have a huge problem with this trigger.

jomik

Reaction score
Why would you want to add skill points to them? :O
Also, I don't think it's possible for triggers to see where the skill is shown? Unless you're gonna hardcode it :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.