tome use bug

CYRRIC

Reaction score
did you notice that when you buy to much tome anyone one of them that make a big lag i thought it was only on my map but not so now i understand better why i was lagging on some map ^^

ok but now i wanted to know if there is a way to make this not appen ?

any other way to realy delete this bug without making bigger tome like +10 or +100

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
maybe instead of buying tomes you can do -buy str 50 or something (i think the lag is the sfx)

CYRRIC

Reaction score
if you look at you hero who just buy the tome you can see on the ground a goldy think like a gold coin maybe it's a unit dummy invisible something like that i saw many shadow on the game that apear when you do some thing

the game seems to have many bug and lag when you look a it but it so great ^^

CYRRIC

Reaction score
i found it, if that interest people to remove lag that can occure in tome buy

like i said on the upper post the gold coin apears on the ground make lag when you buy many tome they act like unit simple logic.

To remove the lag go in the item editor and in the model use (not icone) and just change the personal path to something that doesn't exist like none.mdl and that's done nothing apear when you buy tomes :) see you on next tip ^^

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
i found it, if that interest people to remove lag that can occure in tome buy

like i said on the upper post the gold coin apears on the ground make lag when you buy many tome they act like unit simple logic.

To remove the lag go in the item editor and in the model use (not icone) and just change the personal path to something that doesn't exist like none.mdl and that's done nothing apear when you buy tomes :) see you on next tip ^^

Or you can just make a trigger like this

Code:
Untitled Trigger 005
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Powerup
    Actions
        Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)

CYRRIC

Reaction score
i try thing like that but dont remove the goldy coin unit that apear normaly or even the efect of the unit so that normaly makes lag too

and why do create trigger when you just have to erase a simple ligne un unit editor

that a good idea but i say it for eveyrone why try to help people here many time i see you create hard trigger and some very complecated thing but sometime that can be very very easier

i succeed to create fusion item by my own that was a litle hard and many persone give me good advise but to dificult and many trigger ligne useless so i did mine and seems to work but i still need help all people who know even one thing can be very helpfull

so i stop here ^^ but everyone just think twice and maybe simpler when you make a thing, think about people who are maybe very big newbe or other

hope my lotle hint will help you remove some lag in your previous or future map see ya

Edit by CYRRIC P.I.A

Trithilon-V2

Reaction score
Yea....that small golden thing is actully the Death animation of the tome.
If you open their models check their death animation....they will be reduced to a very small size...but they glitter on the map.
I havent figured out a way to beat this....but if i do ...i'll let you know.

Dameon

Reaction score
Yea....that small golden thing is actully the Death animation of the tome.
If you open their models check their death animation....they will be reduced to a very small size...but they glitter on the map.
I havent figured out a way to beat this....but if i do ...i'll let you know.

The trigger I posted removes those, I tested it before I posted and before the trigger I had the gold things, after it they no longer appeared on the map. But you still get the effects and every thing.

As for why use a trigger, depending on the map there can be lots of defrent types of tomes and I just thought it would be easyer to use a sinlge trigger instead of editing all the models. Also the trigger I posted is a real simple trigger, it has 1 event, 1 condition, and 1 action, all 3 are easy to find as well. The hardist thing to find is the unit aquires an item.

ps. even if you change the model they will still be there on the map and still cause the same problim, you just wont be able to see them.

CYRRIC

Reaction score
what i said before wasn't specialy for you ^^ but ok i understand what you say better now but i try my way and that work to the map don't lag either but maybe your way is better

my way seems to work too

those 2 thing have to be test more to see i will do it

Dameon

Reaction score
The thing is I think the last update is what caused this problim, cause I never once had this problim before that update.

CYRRIC

Reaction score
yeah that's an idea the last update is strange lol version 1.2346875 i don't know the right number ^^

but while i am here do you know a way to take every destructible of a type in one time

cause on the trigger that say only the first 64 one will be selected

i explain i made a map that use some rock but i want them to rebirth when they die but the only way i have is to add all of them in the new event to make them rebirth that a litle bothering and i have many many rock on the map

do you know a trigger that can select all and make them rebirth ?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
only the first 64? Oo what version are you using?

as far as i know (and i am pretty sure) you can pick ALL destructibles in the map since update 1.1

CYRRIC

Reaction score
i have the last update and normale is simple for unit

event - unit die

condition - dying unit equal to lich king

action - resurect dying unit at position of dying unit
(that an example)

ok but when i make the same with detructible with my rock that they is a sentence that they only the first 64 will be affected(i will check it out)

but on thing is sure is that when i make

event - when a destructible die

condition - dying destructible equal o rock

action - wait 5 sec
maque destructible resurect at posittion of last dying destructible

my trigger looks like that but doesn't work

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Dying destructible is lose after your wait. Save it to a variable before the wait. That won't be MUI though, so that would also cause a problem.

EDIT: Hmm I just read another topic that says it isn't lost after a wait... interesting.

CYRRIC

Reaction score
but with unit that work that strange

for that work i have to do this and that very very bothering

event - rock 1556 die

condition

action - wait 5 sec resurect dying destructible to position of dying destructible

that work but that very long to pick by the mouse every rock and im sure i will miss some

CYRRIC

Reaction score
its seems that is what i need but i'm not sure for many reason first i'm not sure on how i use it and second that even if there is only to triger lingne that seems to complecate there must be a simple ways that not normal to resurect a destructible to have to do this

by the way deamon i see you many time do you want if you have time and if you want try a map that i made is allmost finish i just have to make wrinting on it those litle thing normaly ?

Dameon

Reaction score
This should help out with your destructable problim

I have already tested it and made sure it works
Code:
Untitled Trigger 008 Copy
    Events
        Destructible - A destructible within (Playable map area) dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Destructible - Resurrect (Dying destructible) with (Max life of (Last created destructible)) life and Show birth animation
        Destructible - Hide (Dying destructible)
        Wait 29.00 seconds
        Destructible - Show (Dying destructible)

As for your 2nd question I am sorry but I don't understand what your trying to ask. I might be wrong but you want me to help test out your map after you finish adding in all the Messages/Text?

CYRRIC

Reaction score
ok i'll try if this work very great ^^

i want you to test my map yes normaly she is complete only just one or two litle thing have to be corect like the resurect timer window bug and a few texte but the map normaly work corectly i want people to make a crash test :) like trying to make the map bug or to tell me if you find a thning that make the story bug two you see those kind of thing and also having fun on to tell me if you find it great or not :))

as i see you many time on the forum and on my post i thought you are pretty honest so i send you the wall map not protected if maybe you see some bug trigger , if you are agree ?

Dameon

Reaction score
Sure I will cheack it out, I am also real good with stress testing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.