tree talent system

mute

Reaction score
hi
i wana make new orpg map and i wonder how to make Tree talent system like in wow or tkok does any one done this before or do u have map for this ?

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
Never thought of applying a talent tree to an orpg, but as duderock101 said, it would be near impossible if you
don't know jass, and even for jass, im relatively sure it's very difficult

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Hmmm... You could make a Hidden Spellbook i guess, and than a Dialog to appear when the hero gains a level, and than via triggers you could easily do that when he clicks the dialog button 1 (for example,called Improved Attack Speed), you would add the Ability Improved Attack speed to the hidden spellbook which the hero already has.

Ps. Theoretically speaking, perhaps someone more experienced than me in triggering can confirm this method :)

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you please explain what a tree talent system is? I have never heard of such a thing before and I doubt that I am the only one. People need to know what you are trying to do before being able to help you. :)

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
Never played WoW? Diablo??

Anways, take a look here, it's a talent
tree for a warrior in WoW. What it does is it simply allows you to increase the effectiveness of certain
abilties. Like say for example the Warrior has three "trees" to choose from:
Arms, Fury, and Protection.
Spending talent points into these trees, pushes your warrior in a more specific direction.
So the arms warrior is good for dishing out damage in PVP (player vs. player) and the the Fury warrior is good
at dishing out the damage for PVE (player vs. environment) whilst the protection warrior is good at tanking the
damage from both these elements.

So that's the just of talent trees. Basically you get the talent points while you level up, in WoW it's not every level but
its frequent enough, you spend the points and become more objective orientated.

KJP

Reaction score
Can you please explain what a tree talent system is? I have never heard of such a thing before and I doubt that I am the only one. People need to know what you are trying to do before being able to help you. :)

Basically its a set of upgrades affecting a single character of a class (eg priest), that can affect things like ability cast times(single/several abilities either core/learnable to the class/character), increases to the certain/all characters stats, reductions in ability cooldowns as well as the option of getting unique abilities, thus giving different routes on how to customise the character

As for the problem at hand the easiest way i can think of if your only going to be controlling a single unit is to use a spell book with custom abilities for the class that level specific upgrades.
Other than that i dont know

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.