Trigger Ability bugs:

Lord Regno

Reaction score
The only thing that's happen its that the ability drain mana from my hero...

Trigger:
  • Break Through
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Break Through
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Break Through for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Item Life Bonus (Break Through) to (Casting unit)
          • Unit - Add Item Damage Bonus (Break Through) to (Casting unit)
          • Unit - Add Attack Speed (Break Through) to (Casting unit)
          • Wait 20.00 seconds
          • Unit - Remove Item Life Bonus (Break Through) from (Casting unit)
          • Unit - Remove Item Damage Bonus (Break Through) from (Casting unit)
          • Unit - Remove Attack Speed (Break Through) from (Casting unit)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Break Through for (Casting unit)) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Item Life Bonus (Break Through 2) to (Casting unit)
              • Unit - Set level of Item Damage Bonus (Break Through) for (Casting unit) to 2
              • Unit - Set level of Attack Speed (Break Through) for (Casting unit) to 2
              • Wait 25.00 seconds
              • Unit - Remove Item Life Bonus (Break Through 2) from (Casting unit)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Break Through for (Casting unit)) Equal to 3
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Add Item Life Bonus (Break Through 3) to (Casting unit)
                  • Unit - Set level of Item Damage Bonus (Break Through) for (Casting unit) to 3
                  • Unit - Set level of Attack Speed (Break Through) for (Casting unit) to 3
                  • Wait 30.00 seconds
                  • Unit - Remove Item Life Bonus (Break Through 3) from (Casting unit)
                • Else - Actions

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Try and use as an event the following:
"A unit Starts the effect of an ability"

And also move your second and third "If (All Conditions are True)..." in the "Action" section, not the "Else" sections.
May as well replace the waits with a different trigger, that fires when the ability is cast and counts 20/25/30 seconds depending on the level of ability.

dudeim

Reaction score
You could try switching casting unit for triggering unit not sure if it makes a difference though.

Wratox1

Reaction score
You could try switching casting unit for triggering unit not sure if it makes a difference though.

that makes alot of difference! casting unit doesnt always work, it gets "removed" if the trigger takes to long, like with the wait in the trigger.
change casting unit to triggering unit and it should work;)

Lord Regno

Reaction score
Sorry for the late answer but I now the bug now, it's are like 2-5 sec delay on taunt. So if I move before the delay have ended the ability will stop, I fixed it by "start casting a ability".

So now I wondering why its are that much delay. I have casting time on 0 and target self. And what ability are good to replace taunt with?

mby it is channeling and it drains mana

What I meant with drain mana where it costing mana so the hero losing mana, it was a joke.

that makes alot of difference! casting unit doesnt always work, it gets "removed" if the trigger takes to long, like with the wait in the trigger.
change casting unit to triggering unit and it should work

Never have herd that casting unit will end if it's takes to long time, that was new.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
What I meant with drain mana where it costing mana so the hero losing mana, it was a joke.

Well dont "joke" in your threads or else some info may be hard to interpretate. :p

Never have herd that casting unit will end if it's takes to long time, that was new.

Partially FALSE. Some event responses will last for longer such as (Triggering Unit), although it is ideal to use (Triggering Unit) as much as possible, especially with the new Hashtables, pretty much everything can be MUI.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
"Starts casting an ability" is an event that occurs before the hero starts casting the ability, but first after the "Casting time" has taken place. Casting time is generally very bad to use in relation to triggers as it just pauses a unit before the event takes place.

"Finishes casting an ability" should only be used in relation to channeled spells (e.g. Tranquility, Earthquake, and so on), to check if the unit wasn't interrupted during the cast.

The event you should be using is "Starts the effect of an ability".

As mentioned earlier, just refer to "Triggering unit" than "Casting unit".

Lord Regno

Reaction score
Well dont "joke" in your threads or else some info may be hard to interpretate. :p

Got it and I was thinking on that then I writhed the replay thread and i will not joke again, it was the first and the last time.

Well a good ability that can replace taunt?

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
If you want the unit to actually channel to achieve the effect, just use any channeling spell without any targets allowed, e.g. Big Bad Voodoo, Starfall, Tranquility or whatever else.

Lord Regno

Reaction score
Did not see your previous messenger. I am now using (triggering unit) instead of (casting unit). It means that i will pick a channel ability that have 0-1 sec delay instead of 3-5. Th man I will + rep you all

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Break Through
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Break Through
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Life Bonus (Break Through) to Caster
      • Unit - Add Damage Bonus (Break Through) to Caster
      • Unit - Add Attack Speed (Break Through) to Caster
      • Unit - Set level of Life Bonus (Break Through) for Caster to (Level of Break Through for Caster)
      • Unit - Set level of Damage Bonus (Break Through) for Caster to (Level of Break Through for Caster)
      • Unit - Set level of Attack Speed (Break Through) for Caster to (Level of Break Through for Caster)
      • Wait 20.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Life Bonus (Break Through) from Caster
      • Unit - Remove Damage Bonus (Break Through) from Caster
      • Unit - Remove Attack Speed (Break Through) from Caster

Why don't you do this? It takes up less room and is neater.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Got it and I was thinking on that then I writhed the replay thread and i will not joke again, it was the first and the last time.

Well a good ability that can replace taunt?

Use Channel, it's instant.

Trigger:
  • Break Through
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Break Through
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Life Bonus (Break Through) to Caster
      • Unit - Add Damage Bonus (Break Through) to Caster
      • Unit - Add Attack Speed (Break Through) to Caster
      • Unit - Set level of Life Bonus (Break Through) for Caster to (Level of Break Through for Caster)
      • Unit - Set level of Damage Bonus (Break Through) for Caster to (Level of Break Through for Caster)
      • Unit - Set level of Attack Speed (Break Through) for Caster to (Level of Break Through for Caster)
      • Wait 20.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Life Bonus (Break Through) from Caster
      • Unit - Remove Damage Bonus (Break Through) from Caster
      • Unit - Remove Attack Speed (Break Through) from Caster

Why don't you do this? It takes up less room and is neater.

Because at least the life bonus can not be leveled, attack speed can't be leveled as well i think, unsure about the Attack Speed.

Also, Use a BreakThrough unit variable and set BreakThrough = Casting Unit/Triggering unit, else the trigger won't end if someone else casts a spell in that time (like Undead.Cow suggested, except he called it Caster ^^)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Attack bonus can be leveled as long as it is changed to a unit ability. As for life bonus, it's a really complicated spell. Even if changed to unit bonus, it can't be leveled. But it can be "leveled" in a sense. Let's say level 1 adds 100 health and level 2 adds 200 health. By adding the ability, it adds 100 health. Then the ability is set to level 2. However, you'll notice it will still add only 100 health. When the spell is removed, you notice you lose 200 health instead of 100. Conclusion is, you lost the health for the values of your 2nd level, which is 200 instead of your value of the 1st level, 100. So you would lose 100 max health in the end.

Lord Regno

Reaction score
Use a BreakThrough unit variable and set BreakThrough = Casting Unit/Triggering unit, else the trigger won't end if someone else casts a spell in that time (like Undead.Cow suggested, except he called it Caster ^^)

It will be same as before? You mean BreakTrhough unit array variable?

EDIT:
Use Channel, it's instant.
Thanks its looked a bit bugged then the unit get his abilitys and only stranded still in 1-5 sec.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.