trigger ability cooldown

Gamewolf3000

Reaction score
hi i need some help with my trigger, i have created a trigger ability that increases my heroes strength and agility for an amount of time that is determined thanks to my triggers. when u first activate the ability it starts a timer and resets the ability cooldown, u can then use the ability again to stop the timer and the duration of the increase in strength and agility is determined by how long the timer was running, however it only runs for 10 seconds after that i have a trigger that triggers the increase, but then the ability is off cooldown thanks to the fact that u never used the ability again.

so i need a way to put an ability on cooldown, anyone know how? hope u guys understand what i mean.

n1mr0d

Reaction score
can you post your triggers :D ? and what your problem ,is , that your abilities don't have cooldown ?

Gamewolf3000

Reaction score
i might do that later, no the problem is not that it don't have a cooldown, the problem is that the first time u use the ability it resets all cooldowns to allow u to use the ability a second time to stop the timer, however if u do not use it a second time a trigger activates the increasment effect ( don't want it to go on forever) and since u didn't use the ability it is not on cooldown, that means u can spam the ability if u let the timer run out.

hope that helps

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
remove the ability and add it again, that resets its cooldown, do that for the abilities u want to reset and not for the ones you dont

Gamewolf3000

Reaction score
but that won't help, it is the same ability that both activates the ability and stops the timer so that won't work, it would be just the same as it is now. i need the opposite, how to put an ability on cooldown.

GFreak45

Reaction score
that confused me, in order to reset ability cooldowns without resetting all of them, you simply have to remove them and re-add them to reset the cooldown, do not use the reset cooldowns action unless you mean to reset all of them

if you do that and use a timer to disable the cooldown it is WAY more work

Gamewolf3000

Reaction score
but i do want all of my abilities to go off cooldown, however i need a way to put one on cooldown again when the timer ends

GFreak45

Reaction score
cast the ability, there may be a way to have another ability with the same order string cast when the timer ends, but thats just a guess and i dont know enough about it, i would look into using order strings things like that, its not something i have ever used or been asked about before

PS. Next time be more clear in the OP and we will be able to help faster :)

Gamewolf3000

Reaction score
yeah, i know. the whole thing was a bit weird but the ability itself is quite complicated and i didn't really wanna spend the whole night explaining how it worked ^^ . but thanks for all help. u gave me an idea which worked, in the original trigger, when the timer expired it automaticaly ran the trigger, so i just changed it to use the ability, which then triggers the trigger... yeah. but the main thing is i solved it, so thanks

Amn

Reaction score
you can use two abilities, one which starts the str and agi bonus gain
and the second that stops it

you just need to disable the first ability to show the second.
when you disable/enable abilities they still have the cooldown.

edit: nevermind

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.