Triggering Unit vs. ACTIONing Unit

Taishaku

Reaction score
Just wondering, is there any difference between using "Triggering Unit" or, say, "Entering Unit" for the event "Unit enters Region?"

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Triggering Unit is better and faster, except you can't always use it (for instance, when you want to retrieve the killing unit out of a Unit Dies event).

Taishaku

Reaction score
Triggering Unit is better and faster, except you can't always use it (for instance, when you want to retrieve the killing unit out of a Unit Dies event).

Right, that's what I thought. But the TD guide on this site uses Entering Unit instead. Oo'

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
i never use triggering unit, it is a bit too vague to use most of the time. if you want to do something when the unit casts a spell, use casting unit, when they enter a region, use entering unit. also prevents from confusion when working on large triggers.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
i never use triggering unit, it is a bit too vague to use most of the time. if you want to do something when the unit casts a spell, use casting unit, when they enter a region, use entering unit. also prevents from confusion when working on large triggers.

It is less confusing, but triggering unit is better, I heard. Seems to be faster.

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
triggering unit is also more stabile then the “action units”. If you for example try to add a wait before using casting unit it is a big chance that it will get lost. Using triggering unit however will not.

RaiJin

Reaction score
entering unit and triggering unit.. does it really matter which one u use? it will give u the same result but in the end Triggering Unit > entering Unit. But yes what the guy said above is correct.. i would say you use triggering unit

simonake

Reaction score
Triggering unit is the actor of the event.
It's faster and it has less chances to bug because it's refer to the unit that act in the event,

For example,
Unit start the effect of an ability,

Triggering unit or casting unit will work perfectly. But Triggering unit is faster because it's the first unit-type when you select a unit tirgger. (Last created unit sometimes.)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.