Triple Monitors

robinremue

Reaction score
Ah, been a long time since I was here :eek:

Anyway ;)

So I've been hanging around with this idea in my head for a long time and this seems like the best place to get as much info and stuff as possible...

I'm a complete noob at configuring hardware so bear with me...
Here we go...

I'd like to have three monitors. Because it looks insanely cool and because it would like triple my productivity. The problem is the only thing I know about it, is that you need 3 monitors... I've been googling for some time now and I'm having a hard time to find a decent all-included explanation on how to do this.

So do I need like 3 graphic cards to run three monitors? And if so, which ones are advised? And if not, what do I need?
Do I need specific software or other hardware based components besides the monitors?
And what will it cost? :p

Thanks in advance!

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
kinda depends what you are trying todo

for gaming the matrox does not deliver

for anything else it does

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Be happy with dual moniters?
Just get like dual 22"-30" moniters, plenty of viewing space.

robinremue

Reaction score
Get a 9800GX2, that'll run your 2 moniters. :D

If I have that one, I don't need an external hardware device to be able to run dual screen, do I? I can run both of them without the Dualhead2go? I can 'just' attach both monitors to the 9800GX2 and configure both screens through windows? Or do I still need specific software...

You guys convinced me to get dual screen instead of triple screen :) and I'll go for the high-end graphics card. I need a new one anyways... So that just leave me with the required software?

So to summarize, I need:
2 Monitors
New Graphics Card (9800GX2)
and software or another external device?

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
You don't have to get another video card if you purchase the tripplehead2go, because it provides all the necessary means to use 3 monitors.
Unlike installing a new graphics card, TripleHead2Go doesn't require opening your computer, inserting parts into it, or replacing any hardware or software.
I had two monitors on my computer, (my graphics card had a place for two types of monitor cables) but now the second got taken a way when my brother took his HD monitor back to college with him, and i had to give up my second monitor so my mom could use it:(. But anyway all you really need is a means to physically fit the monitors into the computer. But you will love multiple monitors, my uncle has 4 each with a different resolution so if he cant read something he just moves it over. I'm still having withdrawal symptoms from loosing my second monitor :(
-------
EDIT: oh i didnt read your entire post about wanting to buy the video card :eek:. But of course its all up to you :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.